Original topic:

Popping sounds while watching TV

(Topic created: 11-26-2017 06:02 PM)
userOdlGBSH4ck
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
257 Replies
userFBvegjVACJ
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

shouldn't external decoding already be part of the software?  isn't that what bitstream transmission is for or am i misunderstanding?  why would you not already allow external decoding since many people use external sound systems for their surround setup?  that just doesn't make sense to me.  also can you explain why the arc system only works when i select tv as source?  if i select soundbar as source it turns off with the tv, but it will not turn back on.  this is not an issue with decoding. 

0 Likes
useru4dn0pBUZh
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Tried the firmware update 1540.3 for my 55JS8500 per instructions from Samsung's phone-based support. It appears to have lessened the amplitude of the popping sounds through the speakers but did not solve the problem.

I get intermittant pops/audio dropouts with apps as well as external sources via multiple HDMI cables.

My TV's sound is connected to an outboard D/A Converter via optical connection from the One Connect box.  The converter is also connected to a Bluesound Node 2 digitally and also a turntable. Neither source has any issues with the DAC. The cause is the TV, not the cable.

0 Likes
userJBTP3ug3au
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hi, has the new update fixed the popping issue? And where can i download this from? 

Also on my tv is says all updates up to date so what is best thing to do

please advise

0 Likes
userVGStax9meh
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I bought a 55q7 last week and took it back 3 days later because of this popping sound. The guy at BB said they all do that because it’s “listening” for voice commands and if it bothers me that much, go to a different brand. We did, but I don’t like what we got. This is very upsetting since it looks really great in the room. We aren’t running any external speakers and the popping/crackling sound continues when the TV is off.

0 Likes
userC6VEtcWErr
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

.Apparently this is not "another new" problem from Samsung. Always used as a monitor, until 3 weeks ago, no issues, great picture. 5+ year old set Model UN65ES8000 "Stupid TV". Upon switching to antenna & using ARC, I too began experiencing the loud pops. Also, like many others, all internet connection options failed. Luckily for me this prevented any downgrading firmware "updates". Tried all fixes mentioned here, no joy. What did work for me, and is a 100% guaranteed solution, with only two more very loud crashing/popping sounds. Take Samsucks product to 2nd floor & throw it out the window. Pop #1 - TV quickly decelerates at ground level. Pop #2 (extremely loud) Provide additional ventilation holes with 12 ga. 00 buckshot, 2 or 3 shells should be sufficient. This will stop any further popping sounds, unreliable ARC function, failed network card, overheating issues, & all of the other advertised functions of this POS $3000 boat anchor that do not work.  Then, go buy another brand product that actually works as advertised. Good luck to all, & please remember don't buy Samsung junk. 

0 Likes
usera6zWtR4Cqa
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

How do I get to the manual and downloads and where can I find the support page?

0 Likes
userAKnuCRuQr6
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I just purchased the 75” q6 and the poping is horrible. I went to update the firmware like the Samsung Moderator suggest and the latest update is 1151. Where is the 1230 update? TV is up to date... This is my 2nd Samsung in less than a month? 

0 Likes
userzDePydxdNf
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello,

I have the KS8000 television, connected by optical cable to my Onkyo TX_NR818 AVS system.

All source inputs are to the smart hub and use the optical cable for sound out to the surround system.

When watching DirectTV, I have no issues with the sound.

When watching Samsung apps (Netflix and Youtube test so far), when a show or video is playing, the sound is fine. However when navigating in the apps, I have a loud pop coming through the surround system. With youtube, when videos stop and switch to another video, there is a pop.

It seems the Samsung app doesn't handle no sound situations properly or something because it only happens when I'm on a menu screen or transitions.

I did check that I have the latest driver and the sound was tried as PCM and Dolby.

Thank you,

0 Likes
userVGStax9meh
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

The Q8 doesn’t make popping noise. We returned 2 Q7s.

0 Likes
usercgX0ZYaDk4
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

So now we're on firmware 1300.4 two years later and the sound pop is still a persistent problem on all Samsung 6900 TVs. They need to do a recall. 

0 Likes