Original topic:

S90c freezing

(Topic created: 12-10-2023 11:42 AM)
userHHXK4fzn1W
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hi,

I have a 2-week old S90c OLED that keeps freezing when watching movies in an app.  

I see this has been a common problem (with no solution from Samsung) on other TV’s.  Does anyone have any insight?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Members_HYmcV4i
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Anyone had any luck with a fix?

0 Likes
Alleygash
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Same problem, using MAX app.  Have re set and done all the recommended procedures. Hard wired with very high internet.  Why of Why is Samsung not addressing this issue.? Taking it back to Sams tomorrow and buying an LG 

0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Same problem happening agian today when watching super bowl which is sooper frustrsting... it is sad that paying premium for the TV and getting bad experience it feels not worth paying this much.. but dont know if it is specific to this model... there is no point keeping this TV uf you cant watch a sport or streaming service... why is this not talked about in the reviews and all thats seems like a big problem that needs to be addressed.
0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Also not sure if this issue is limited to apps running on the TV software... vs if i run the same app on my firestick do i see the problem.. i need to test...
0 Likes
userHHXK4fzn1W
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

If you’re basing only on Super Bowl - that froze everywhere on all brands of TV and external sites (we happened to be watching on an Apple TV tonight.

I haven’t experienced it other than the one original app that was giving me trouble, and I moved my Roku stick to this tv and do not experience it on the Roku device - this is a good point you make on the memory.

i was hoping to do without the Roku on this TV, but Samsung does not have all the apps I want available so I will use both again, but I will say, I find myself primarily using the Samsung and it hasn’t give me any more trouble. 

I appreciate all the reply’s on here and I hope Samsung will finally step up and acknowledge the situation. 

0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
It froze the entire tv... couldnt even use remote and had to long press the power button to go to reboot and that tells me that it is is a memory/tv issue than app issue or could be a combination of both.
0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I am fine if the app crashes and let me open the app again but it literally froze the tv altogether which is really a bad experience.
0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Now thinking about this i am starting to feel like i should start running the apps from the external devices like roku/ firestick/ apple tv... all of a sudden nvdia sheld also sounds like a good option... 😀
0 Likes
userHHXK4fzn1W
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Yes that is what happened to me too - whole TV froze.  Again it was one app only, which may not be a top of the line app or to your point takes up too much memory.

0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
To me it happened on paramount+ and i saw people reporting it happens on ESPN+ as well and might as well on youtubeTV.
0 Likes