Original topic:

problem re-installing certain apps

(Topic created: 10-02-2021 01:08 PM)
userpHulfSn3Vl
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

model number un40mu6290. the other day I was having problems watching apps. I had the disney+ HBO max Roku channel and youtube, (not youtube tv) installed. when trying to watch anything app would open to their home screen, but just kept loading when I would try to watch something. did the normal reset smart hub but now I cannot reinstall those 4 apps, no matter what I do I get error code 118. however the weird thing is  I can install any other app that was not previously installed, the problem is those are the only apps I use. I tried all steps reset tv, did another smart hub reset, cold boot, reset network, unplug the router, etc, but nothing helps. it's just those 4 apps that won't install with the 118 error. also did both chat and phone support which was no help. Does anyone have any ideas why I can install any app but the 4 I had on there? I also have the latest 1299 update. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello, I do apologize but if the unit still is not working at that point,  we would recommend trying to speak with our Remote Management Team to run some diagnostics on the unit. Please Call, 1-800-726-7864 to speak with them directly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userpHulfSn3Vl
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

yes all those steps i mentioned i did do with phone support, but it didnt solve the problem. i  came on here to see if other users would be able to help. i can install all apps excpet for the 4 i mentioned disney+ hbo max roku channel and youtube, no matter what i do i always get the 118 error. why just those 4 apps, doing a smart hub reset or tv reset should have cleard everything and let me install again right? are there any other steps to do besides those?

0 Likes
userpHulfSn3Vl
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

i called again but those 4 apps still wouldnt install.  it doesnt seeem worth it to send in for a repair when i can install all other apps fine  what would cause just 4 apps from not being able to install and getting the 118 error 

0 Likes