cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Оdyssey+ does not work. Westbridge device in device manager.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello
My odyssey plus is no longer determined by the system and in the device manager. At the same time, the Samsung HMD Odyssey + Setup sees the connected HMD, shows firmware 1.0.2, but it writes that the HMD is not connected.

photo_2020-04-04_02-12-17.jpg

The device manager displays "Other Devices>WestBridge" with error code 28.

westbridge.png

when I try to update the driver - the name of the device changes to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers>Cypress FX3 USB Bootloader Device"

Support for windows mixed reality on reddit writes that this is a problem of internal firmware and only device replacement will help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/comments/e6oz9w/westbridge_device_error_please_help/

Is there really no way to solve this problem in a software way and RMA is required?
Thanks in advance for your help

Added:

The system sees the headset itself as a device, but there is no hololens sensors in the hardware description

Annotation 2020-04-05 122840.png

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Оdyssey+ does not work. Westbridge device in device manager.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sent a helmet over the RMA. The result is a replacement for HMD

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OMGgggggggg I just got this problem 2 hours ago and have been driven nuts by it. On their chat contact support and the guy couldnt help me either. Now he says hes transfering me to an expert that can better help me as his ideas didnt work

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a manual to solve a similar problem for machine vision cameras. The cameras themselves are from South Korea and are very similar to those from the Odyssey.
It suggests installing the bootloader driver and flashing them using special software.

Also, before the helmet stopped working, I had problems with tracking in the form of a flying controller, which may hint at a problem with the cameras.

A software solution to the problem is quite possible, but I don’t have any illusions, and hardly anyone will give us such software.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried manually installing hololens Sensors in device manager.
Now the Mixed Reality Portal writes error 7-1, and the device manager writes in the Hololens Sensors properties that there is no firmware on the device.

Device Error : 0x8004020A : E_DEVICE_MISSING_FIRMWARE
Westbridge is still there.

Annotation 2020-04-05 143652.pngAnnotation 2020-04-05 144133.png

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I made a service request, I'll update here what they say when they respond

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I made a service request, sent it in yesterday. There's no way to personally fix it, so try and go ahead thru warranty. But you need to call their support line. They said it'll take about 5 days for me to get it back after they receive it, and they provide shipping label

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this mean that they can fix it and return it without replacement?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Errrrrrr, most likely. It seems like it's some firmware problem. Im going to go off the reddit post and assume that it got bricked with bad drivers somehow. I feel like the repair people have some drivers that they'll probably flash to the headset. I'll give updates if they give me any updates on what theyre doing + how they fix it, if they let me know anything 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is your odyssey+ still under warranty?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Got another email that my repair has been complete, 1 day after they received it, expected to ship back to me today Smiley Happy