My odyssey plus is no longer determined by the system and in the device manager. At the same time, the Samsung HMD Odyssey + Setup sees the connected HMD, shows firmware 1.0.2, but it writes that the HMD is not connected.
The device manager displays "Other Devices>WestBridge" with error code 28.
when I try to update the driver - the name of the device changes to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers>Cypress FX3 USB Bootloader Device"
Support for windows mixed reality on reddit writes that this is a problem of internal firmware and only device replacement will help.
Is there really no way to solve this problem in a software way and RMA is required?
Thanks in advance for your help
The system sees the headset itself as a device, but there is no hololens sensors in the hardware description
Solved! Go to Solution.
OMGgggggggg I just got this problem 2 hours ago and have been driven nuts by it. On their chat contact support and the guy couldnt help me either. Now he says hes transfering me to an expert that can better help me as his ideas didnt work
I found a manual to solve a similar problem for machine vision cameras. The cameras themselves are from South Korea and are very similar to those from the Odyssey.
It suggests installing the bootloader driver and flashing them using special software.
Also, before the helmet stopped working, I had problems with tracking in the form of a flying controller, which may hint at a problem with the cameras.
A software solution to the problem is quite possible, but I don’t have any illusions, and hardly anyone will give us such software.
I tried manually installing hololens Sensors in device manager.
Now the Mixed Reality Portal writes error 7-1, and the device manager writes in the Hololens Sensors properties that there is no firmware on the device.
Device Error : 0x8004020A : E_DEVICE_MISSING_FIRMWARE
Westbridge is still there.
I made a service request, sent it in yesterday. There's no way to personally fix it, so try and go ahead thru warranty. But you need to call their support line. They said it'll take about 5 days for me to get it back after they receive it, and they provide shipping label
Errrrrrr, most likely. It seems like it's some firmware problem. Im going to go off the reddit post and assume that it got bricked with bad drivers somehow. I feel like the repair people have some drivers that they'll probably flash to the headset. I'll give updates if they give me any updates on what theyre doing + how they fix it, if they let me know anything