JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Chromebook randomly restarting

(Topic created: 05-21-2024 11:49 AM)
Jstarr3322
Constellation
Options
Computers

So my Chromebook restarts at random times with no error message. other times I get a random error message that says System UI is not responding wait or close app and it hasn't/doesn't restart. I called tech support and they don't know why and I have Factory Reset it.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend when factory resetting to make sure it's a complete factory reset that keeps nothing. If that doesn't help then this could be an overheating issue, please make sure that nothing is restricting airflow to the chrome book such as a case with no vent holes or putting on a soft surface such as a pillow or cover that can restrict the airflow. If this does not help then this will be something that will require service. Depending on your warranty you will have acouple of options.

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend when factory resetting to make sure it's a complete factory reset that keeps nothing. If that doesn't help then this could be an overheating issue, please make sure that nothing is restricting airflow to the chrome book such as a case with no vent holes or putting on a soft surface such as a pillow or cover that can restrict the airflow. If this does not help then this will be something that will require service. Depending on your warranty you will have acouple of options.

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.