JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Education Program Discount

(Topic created: 08-30-2022 11:02 AM)
anvoice
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hello, I would like to purchase a Galaxy Book computer for a family member. Another family member is an educator. So I was wondering: would it violate Samsung's policy for him to register for an account with a valid .edu address, and then for me to pay for the purchase using my paypal to have it delivered to our collective address? Or does he need to pay for it? I'd rather avoid the hassle of transferring the purchase amount to him after the fact if at all possible. Thanks ahead of time.

6 Replies
anvoice
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Thank you!

0 Likes
PowerUser
Comet
Options
Computers
Your WELCOME! 😉👍
0 Likes
PowerUser
Comet
Options
Computers
Something happened to my post! Would you mind marking me as the accepted solution again, please?
0 Likes
anvoice
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Considering your post disappeared (?!), which one should I mark as the solution? Or do you want to retype it?

BalanceB
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Did you manage to find the solution? I've been thinking of doing the same as well because my brother works in a private international school, and if it's possible to get an education program discount. So I'd like for you to share the answer again whether you managed to do that or not, it would be really helpful.

0 Likes
Solution
anvoice
Asteroid
Options
Computers

PowerUser's original reply (which for some reason disappeared) was that it's fine for the person with an educational account to register, and it doesn't matter who pays (I paid via paypal). That seems to have worked out for me fine, no issues so far. Although it will be your brother's Samsung account unless he gives it up to you, (he will get the confirmation for it in his educational email, etc.) so you might want to consider if it's ok between the two of you that he will be either doing the logging in when you need it or he will tell you his password (not to the email but to the Samsung account where the email is the username). Also, the rewards for any purchases made will go to that account, so if it will be considered your brother's account you might want to discuss who gets to use that.

I can't tell you for sure if Samsung accepts any school for the discount, supposedly if it has a .edu email the process is automatic and might need additional confirmation otherwise.

Best of luck!

0 Likes