JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Book 3 Pro 360 doesn't power up with lid after BIOS update

(Topic created: 04-05-2024 11:18 AM)
Jimmy_W
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I have enabled "startup when  lid is opened" in Samsung settings. However, this feature no longer works after a recent BIOS update that Samsung pushed out. Has anyone experienced this or can suggest a fix?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend trying the following. First, go into the settings and turn this feature off. After that power down the laptop completely by using the shutdown option in the Windows menu. Then turn the laptop back on and enable the feature again. Then shut down the laptop again. Then power on the laptop again to see if this issue still occurs.

Also, please note that depending on the model this feature will work differently as in most cases the laptop is asleep and not shut down this feature will work.

View solution in context

6 Replies
RockOn1
Constellation
Options
Computers

Yes. I have had the same issue. 

Did you find out how to resolve. 

0 Likes
Jimmy-W
Asteroid
Options
Computers

No. I was on the phone with a Samsun tech for 45 minutes and nothing was resolved.  He's going to "report" the issue. 

0 Likes
Jimmy_W
Asteroid
Options
Computers

...also, there is no related power setting in the UEFI.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend trying the following. First, go into the settings and turn this feature off. After that power down the laptop completely by using the shutdown option in the Windows menu. Then turn the laptop back on and enable the feature again. Then shut down the laptop again. Then power on the laptop again to see if this issue still occurs.

Also, please note that depending on the model this feature will work differently as in most cases the laptop is asleep and not shut down this feature will work.

Jimmy-2w
Constellation
Options
Computers

This seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks!

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

That's great to hear!

0 Likes