Original topic:

Galaxy Book Alternatives

(Topic created: 03-16-2024 01:00 PM)
haoran_tao612
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Hi guys,

I have a Galaxy phone and a Galaxy tablet. I am thinking about buying a Galaxy Book to form a ecosystem to help with my school work. I need to use STATA to code and analyse data so ideally a 32 GB RAM would be a better choice. But the only Galaxy Book Model that comes with a 32 GB RAM in the US is the Ultra which seems to be an overkill on other specs as I don't do any video editing or gaming.

There are indeed more fitting choices from other Windows laptops, but that means giving up the Galaxy ecosystem.

So, I am wondering if there is anything can only be done in the Galaxy ecosystem but not Windows (except for Samsung Notes - I don't use that in the first place). I know that we can sync the clipboard and livestream our phone through the Phonelink app which is pretty convenient already but am still curious about other cool features Samsung ecosystem provides.

I really like Samsung products and do not want to convert to Apple ecosystem... Many thanks for all your suggestions! 
6 Replies
AdeptMaven
Explorer
Options
Computers
The only two truly exclusive features to a Samsung laptop (that I am aaware of) are the ability to use your galaxy tablet as a second screen, and the smart switch feature where if you use galaxy buds they seamless connect to all your galaxy devices (as long as you're logged into the same Samsung account). Phonelink works best with a galaxy phone but you don't have to have a Samsung laptop (I have a Dell laptop and it works great).
haoran_tao612
Astronaut
Options
Computers
Thank you so much! This is really helpful! I Hope Samsung keeps this compatibility in the future as well!
0 Likes
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Computers
Hp spectre 2024 in 14" or 16" with 32gb ram is a very good alternative. On sale at Best Buy both models for around $400 off msrp which isn't bad to begin with.

Samsung pass would be another exclusive. But some of the Samsung apps work on any Windows laptop. Honestly I feel like the GBP4x360 is the best laptop on the market now but the 16gb ram is irritating. You aren't going to find a lighter, better built, or better screen on any other laptop but Dell and HP come close.
0 Likes
haoran_tao612
Astronaut
Options
Computers
Thank you for the suggestions! I ended up buying the Framework 13 which allows me to customize and upgrade however I want!
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Computers
Nice choice! Hope you enjoy it!
haoran_tao612
Astronaut
Options
Computers
Thanks! And yes, it's working really well so far!
0 Likes