JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Book Pro 360: self clicking when on top of my lap or pressing on the bottom shell

(Topic created: 09-29-2022 09:31 AM)
usertFABeSEQIe
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Pressing the bottom shell of my Galaxy Book Pro 360 15" activates the touchpad click. This is a serious problem when it's sitting on my lap. Is there anything I can do to avoid this? Maybe inserting something inside to prevent the bottom shell from putting enough pressure to activate the click?

I see there are reports of this problem in some youtube videos also.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out. I can understand how this can be frustrating with your laptop pressing through. If the laptop itself looks like it is separating I would make sure that it is not and see if it is possible to push it back together. If this is still occurring after confirming that I would recommend service for this issue. You have a couple of options depending on your warranty.

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out. I can understand how this can be frustrating with your laptop pressing through. If the laptop itself looks like it is separating I would make sure that it is not and see if it is possible to push it back together. If this is still occurring after confirming that I would recommend service for this issue. You have a couple of options depending on your warranty.

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

0 Likes