JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Book4 Edge Webcam issues

(Topic created: 09-11-2024 02:42 PM)
userjRgAfLbxaZ
Constellation
Options
Computers

The webcam cannot be found my Book4 Edge. All the troubleshooting has failed. Anybody with an answer would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks
0 Likes
7 Replies
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
Did you update your apps in the Microsoft store?
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello @userjRgAfLbxaZ! Thank you for reaching out! Just want to confirm are you trying to use Windows Hello? And it doesn't register the camera? If you are the camera does not have the capability to use Windows Hello to sign in.

0 Likes
userjRgAfLbxaZ
Constellation
Options
Computers

I'm using the Windows 11 personal edition that came with Samsung. I have tried all kinds of troubleshooting without success. I would hate to use my warranty for such an issue.

Thanks for your help, though.

Mr.Mercado

0 Likes
userjRgAfLbxaZ
Constellation
Options
Computers

I'm using the Windows 11 personal edition that came with Samsung. I have tried all kinds of troubleshooting without success. I would hate to use my warranty for such an issue.

Thanks for your help, though.

Mr.Mercado

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

I understand, just want to confirm are you trying to use the Windows hello sign in feature or is the camera not working no matter what you do. To use your camera normally you would need to go to start > camera.

0 Likes
userjRgAfLbxaZ
Constellation
Options
Computers
I did that! The reply that I get that the system cannot find thee camera.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

I understand since this is not working the next step would be service. Depending on your warranty you will have a few options.

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.