JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Native HDMI Port Not Working!!

(Topic created: 08-06-2024 08:25 AM)
Adilost
Constellation
Options
Computers

I have a brand-new Galaxy Book3 15.6", i5, 8GB. Whenever I connect an external display through the native HDMI port, with a high quality HDMI cable, it does not work! As soon as I connect the external display through USB-C it does work...

External display supports both HDMI and USB-C connectivities...

When I try to update any kind of driver (from both Samsung and Windows) it says that I'm already using the latest driver updates.

Connecting an external display through the native HDMI port directly into the monitor should be a case of plug and play, shouldn't it?

When I connect the same display on my MacBook (both through HDMI and USB-C) it works like a charm!

Need a little help here to get it working on my newly Windows/Samsung Laptop...

I have already tried the most useful solutions out there, unfortunately none of them have resulted in success!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Thank you for trying since this did not help the only other option would be service or getting an exchange. Exchange would be the best option as it does seem like you have recently purchased this. Depending on where this was purchased you should have around 30 days, some places like Best Buy are typically around 14 days. If you wish to proceed with service please send us a private message with your full model number and serial number with the following below.

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:     
Email address: 

View solution in context

3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello @Adilost! Thank you for reaching out! What are you trying to connect to the laptop? Is it a TV or a monitor? Also, are you making sure to go to the display settings and making sure to choose to either duplicate or extend the displays Additionally, I know this can happen in rare cases but some HDMI cables do only go one direction especially longer cables. As the 100ft cable that I use sometimes will only work in one direction and is labeled which side connects to which.

0 Likes
Adilost
Constellation
Options
Computers

Good day!

I'm using a computer monitor. And yes, the display settings in windows (win logo + p) is set to extend. Also, the HDMI cable is no longer than 1 meter. I have tried both sides of the cable, even different HDMI cables (which work perfectly on my MacBook).

The external monitor stays black when I connect it to the laptop, it does nothing. It's not even turning on and windows does not recognize it. I also tried the "detect" function in: system → settings → display → multiple display → detect

Nothing I have tried so far seems to work! (and believe me, I have tried A LOT in the past three days!)

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Thank you for trying since this did not help the only other option would be service or getting an exchange. Exchange would be the best option as it does seem like you have recently purchased this. Depending on where this was purchased you should have around 30 days, some places like Best Buy are typically around 14 days. If you wish to proceed with service please send us a private message with your full model number and serial number with the following below.

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:     
Email address: