Original topic:

Samsung Magician Setup Error

(Topic created: a month ago)
Balticuse
Astronaut
Options
Computers

When trying to install Samsung Magician, get the following error message:

There are other executable files around.  This can lead to security vulnerabilities, so the installation is stopped.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ecostin
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I had the same problem, I just moved the EXE file from my Downloads folder to a empty folder in Desktop and runned the installer from there. After that it worked like a charm 

View solution in context

7 Replies
z5lar
Astronaut
Options
Computers
The error message you're encountering when trying to install Samsung Magician suggests that there may be other executable files present on your system, which could potentially lead to security vulnerabilities.

This error is likely triggered by Samsung's security measures to prevent the installation of the Magician software in the presence of potentially conflicting or malicious executable files.

Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Scan for Malware:
- Run a full system scan using a reputable antivirus or anti-malware software to detect and remove any suspicious or unauthorized executable files on your system.

2. Check for Conflicting Software:
- Ensure that you don't have any other disk management, system optimization, or similar utilities installed that may be interfering with the Samsung Magician installation.
- If you have any such software, try uninstalling them and then attempt to install Samsung Magician again.

3. Perform a Clean Boot:
- Start your computer in a clean boot state by disabling all non-essential startup programs and services.
- This can help identify if any third-party software is causing the conflict.
- Once in a clean boot state, try installing Samsung Magician again.

4. Update Windows and Drivers:
- Ensure that your Windows operating system and all relevant drivers are up-to-date.
- Outdated or conflicting system components can sometimes cause issues with software installations.

5. Try a Portable Version:
- If the installation continues to fail, you can try using the portable version of Samsung Magician, which doesn't require installation.
- Download the portable version from the Samsung website and run it directly from the extracted folder.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, you may need to contact Samsung's customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific guidance or troubleshooting steps based on your system configuration.
0 Likes
jruhe
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Posting ChatGPT suggestions does not help anybody. 

I have the same issues on updating from 8.0 to 8.1. Uninstalled Magican did not help. Downloaded installer issues the same message

0 Likes
Solution
ecostin
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I had the same problem, I just moved the EXE file from my Downloads folder to a empty folder in Desktop and runned the installer from there. After that it worked like a charm 

alphatonic
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Thank you so much. I thought my PC was infected or something was seriously wrong with my Windows install.

0 Likes
JANVideo
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I moved the downloaded exe installer file to the desktop as suggested. Worked perfectly. 

Thanks for the help on this.

JANVideo

0 Likes
stuartb
Astronaut
Options
Computers

That is brilliant thanks - what a confusing error message (I even tried running as administrator)  moved it from "downloads" folder worked great

0 Likes
zipityzi
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Unfortunately, moving to Desktop didn't work for me (even though it also had no other files, especially not other *.exe files).

What fixed it: install in Safe Mode. Finally, the 8.1.0 update for Samsung Magician installed.

0 Likes