JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sound Driver/Windows Audio Issue

(Topic created: 11-01-2023 09:40 PM)
Lste1040
Constellation
Options
Computers

My Samsung Galaxy3 Pro 360 (Model NP960QFG) has a significant issue with its software. A recent update to my laptop has caused persistent issues with the audio drivers on this laptop. After completing the recent update, the audio drivers in the laptop disable Windows Audio from running, resulting in the laptop being unable to locate the built-in speakers and microphone. Has anyone encountered this same issue, and if so, how did you fix the problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lste1040
Constellation
Options
Computers

Copying/pasting solution from Microsoft's Scott-F_052, as this was the EXACT solution that worked for me:

"I know I'm replying to my own post but it turns out my problem was my Logitech C920 webcam. If you disable the webcam under "Sound, video and game controllers" in Device Manager that will stop the audio from crashing. Unfortunately it also stops the mic on the webcam from working (but you can still use your laptop mic):5d753bf5-997b-4518-a8e0-27ca164d914f.png

An aside, this truthfully is an issue, as I much prefer my Logitech microphone to the internal one. I wonder when Microsoft or Samsung will come up with a fix... 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Lste1040
Constellation
Options
Computers

Copying/pasting solution from Microsoft's Scott-F_052, as this was the EXACT solution that worked for me:

"I know I'm replying to my own post but it turns out my problem was my Logitech C920 webcam. If you disable the webcam under "Sound, video and game controllers" in Device Manager that will stop the audio from crashing. Unfortunately it also stops the mic on the webcam from working (but you can still use your laptop mic):5d753bf5-997b-4518-a8e0-27ca164d914f.png

An aside, this truthfully is an issue, as I much prefer my Logitech microphone to the internal one. I wonder when Microsoft or Samsung will come up with a fix...