JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to silence audio alert when focus mode turns

(Topic created: 01-04-2024 06:35 AM)
jimmy7777
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I'm using focus mode according to a schedule to restrict audible notifications from a specific app.  I have focus mode scheduled to turn on early in the morning before I wake up, and turn off late at night after I'm asleep.  Everything works perfectly.  Additionally, I use do not disturb at night and I have everything silenced using the DND which works well.

So this is my problem.  When the focus mode schedule turns on early in the morning, I get an audible notification from the focus mode app itself alerting that focus mode has been turned on.  DND does NOT block this audible notification and therefore it wakes me up !!!!  This does not happen late at night when focus mode turns itself off.  It only happens when focus mode turns itself on despite the separate DND app being activated.

Any way to stop the focus mode activation alert from coming through?  I don't want to silence my alerts at night, because I have an emergency alarm app notification permitted to bypass my night time DND schedule.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I don't have the same phone, so I'm trying to figure this out using my basic Samsung knowledge.

Have you gone into your Settings / Apps / Samsung apps and pulled up the Focus app and turned the notification setting to silent?

Since I don't have focus mode on my phone, I'm using the galaxy store as an example.
Is the focus application visible from the apps setting page?

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Just to clarify, you only have focus mode turned on to restrict notifications from a specific app during the day, and the dnd takes over the restriction of notifications when it activates. Correct? If so, why not ditch the focus mode and restrict notifications for the specific app altogether?
0 Likes
jimmy7777
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Because I want the specific app notifications to come through at night when the DND is active but NOT come through during the day when the DND is off.
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I don't have the same phone, so I'm trying to figure this out using my basic Samsung knowledge.

Have you gone into your Settings / Apps / Samsung apps and pulled up the Focus app and turned the notification setting to silent?

Since I don't have focus mode on my phone, I'm using the galaxy store as an example.
Is the focus application visible from the apps setting page?
0 Likes
jimmy7777
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
NO. I did not !!! I nene checked the samsung app group, and yes, the focus mode under digital well-being settings DOES have a silent slider that one can set. I set it to silent. Now I will wait for tomorrow morning to see if it works. Thanks so much for your idea. I suspect it will work. I will come back here tomorrow and let you know. Thanks again for your suggestion.
jimmy7777
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I tried your suggestion and it worked very well. Exactly what I needed. Thacker you again for your advice !!!