JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Microsoft Teams doesn't show shared screen

(Topic created: 08-18-2023 07:15 PM)
ultimatelawman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Microsoft teams on fold five doesn't show a shared screen. When on a call the shared screen is stretched where I can't read it. Happens both on the outer display and inner display.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I understand your frustrations but I hope you all will send bug reports to Microsoft Teams as this is their responsibility.  Open the Teams app on your device, click on your account icon, then Settings->Help and Feedback->Send Feedback

For information, the EULA for your Fold is in your Fold Settiings->About Phone->Legal Information->Samsung Legal->End User License Agreement. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV

View solution in context

9 Replies
atul2310
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hi,

Even I am also facing same issue in my z fold 5 and really struggling to get a fix through samsung’s service team.

As per samsung it is Microsoft issue and they need to fix it but there is no timeline to it. 
My point is if we have bought the product from samsung then they should get these niggles resolved proactively. But unfortunately the plain simple answer is to wait and watch.

really disappointed with samsung’s customer service even after shelling out a bomb expecting premium experience 

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

This is something I haven't tried yet but if I have the same issue I'll want it fixed as well though my ire will be directed at Microsoft.  The Google Play Store has 3.553 million mobile apps accessible for Android users to download and Google doesn't have the same requirements as Apple so one can't expect an OEM to assure that all those apps work. 

Microsoft and Samsung have a relationship and I would have expected Microsoft to make sure it worked but now only Microsoft can fix it as it's their code. 

Just my 2 cents as a user and a software acquisition professional who has four decades of experience with software that's tested and supposed to work... and doesn't. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
atul2310
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I agree with your observation, Bill, but samsung as an OEM should be proactive to follow up with Microsoft to get it fixed for them as its going to impact their customer base. The logic is simple, if Hyundai gives you a car with Bose music system and if the music system malfunctions due to any software issue, then its Hyundai’s responsibility to fix it rather than directing the customers to Bose.  Since it seems a problem across most of fold 5 devices, would expect samsung to take action

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I don't think that you can compare this Samsung product to Hyundai.  Bose is a subcontractor to Hyundai, probably makes the sound system specific to Hyundai, maybe even a spec control drawing.  Microsoft is not a sub to Samsung, Samsung doesn't buy the product and install it in their code base. If they did I'd agree 100% with you. 

Having said that, because of the visibility something like this brings with it I'm sure that Samsung is having calls at some frequency with the Microsoft sector responsible but again, in the scheme of things, Samsung isn't buying the product and the from a Microsoft perspective this is possibly a lower priority issue than their bugs and feature request for the Windows version of Teams based on market share. 

Let's hope it's resolved quickly. 

Bill
---
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Just a data point.  I tried a work Teams today and the shared screen works fine for me. 

What troubleshooting steps have you taken to isolate the problem to a Teams bug and not an installation quirk? 

Bill
---
0 Likes
atul2310
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I have taken all troubleshooting steps which one can think off…..but still the problem persists. I have downloaded the teams app from playstore only, so doesnt seem to be an installation issue. Nor it is organization level restrictions because it is working well on my iphone.

I have escalated it to samsung, they have pinned it on Microsoft. Awaiting updates on the same.

It seems to be a problem across other users as well, as I read few more posts regarding same issue on other forums

0 Likes
msaid
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I am having the same problem. Some presentations/screenshares work, while others didn't, even in 1 single Teams session. Really cannot pinpoint the issue. But this is really frustrating.

Actually there's always a short moment when the share is displayed correcty before it gets distorted in the next moment.

0 Likes
atul2310
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Samsung Ceo desk has come back asking me to write to Microsoft directly to get a resolution on this, as apparently Microsoft is not reverting to Samsung’s team.

this is really frustrating and sheer test of my patience. MS Teams is an integral part of my day to day official work and one of the key driving factors to buy this product.

I feel cheated from Samsung with this product, as they are not willing to provide a resolution on this and asking customers to take it up directly. Planning to take legal action now.

0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I understand your frustrations but I hope you all will send bug reports to Microsoft Teams as this is their responsibility.  Open the Teams app on your device, click on your account icon, then Settings->Help and Feedback->Send Feedback

For information, the EULA for your Fold is in your Fold Settiings->About Phone->Legal Information->Samsung Legal->End User License Agreement. 

Bill
---