Original topic:

Smart Things Find

(Topic created: 12-14-2023 10:35 AM)
Barnsworth
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

So for the heck of it today I thought I'd see how the Smart Things Find works.  Went to the web site smartthingsfind.samsung.com logged in and the only device showing was my Buds2 Pro.  My phone wasn't even listed.

Under my devices of which I have three in all, TV, Phone and Buds2 are all registered products.  Does anyone know why my phone wasn't listed on my Smart Things Find list?  Or better yet how do I get my phone on there just in case I lose it and need to find it?  The TV I don't really care about.

Thanks for any advice!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barnsworth
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
So just to close this thread with a solution I figured out.

I went to my Samsung account page where it shows your devices signed out of my phone on my account and then signed the phone back in.
Apparently for some reason even though my account said the phone was signed in SmartThings find didn't see it but now it does.
Now when I go to the SmartThings find site the phone shows up along with my Buds2.

Thanks for the help from you all!

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I just tested mine and my phone was prominently displayed (along with Watch 6 Classic, 2 sets of Buds2 Pro). I'm not sure why your phone wouldn't appear. 

0 Likes
Barnsworth
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yeah, I'm trying to figure that out also.

I did contact Samsung support via chat after I posted my first comment. They re-registered my phone even though it said it was registered on my device page. We'll see if that makes any difference here soon hopefully.
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hi Barnsworth, Thank you for reaching out and for being part of the Community! We understand the concern of not seeing the phone listed in SmartThings, and we wanted to check in to see if it is now there after speaking with Chat services?

We also wanted to offer some suggestions.

Do you have permissions for location allowed for SmartThings on the phone? Settings>Apps>SmartThings>Permissions

You can also turn on Improve Location Accuracy. Settings>Location>Location Services>Google Location Accuracy

Another helpful setting is Offline Finding. You can find more information about this feature here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088182/ 

Please let us know if you are able to locate the phone using the SmartThingsFind feature.

Barnsworth
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Well, I deleted my phone from my account and re-registered it myself. It is now showing up in my devices in my Samsung account and it's showing registered so that's a plus BUT when I go to the SmartThingsFind site on my laptop the only thing showing is still my Buds2. So still no way to find my phone if need be.

I checked all the permissions and things you suggested and all those things are set the way they should be.

I can use the Google Find My Phone thing they have so I'd guess that my phone should be discoverable.

Any more suggestions on how to get it appear along with my Buds2?

Thanks for your help.
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

That is disappointing. We are happy to hear it showing in the Google Find My Phone feature. We recommend that you submit your query in our Smart Things forum, detailing what products are being utilized, including their model numbers, and what the general end objective is, so that our experts can investigate further. https://community.smartthings.com/  Additionally, you're welcome to contact the Smart Things Team at, 1-866-813-2404 or by email at support@smartthings.com.

Solution
Barnsworth
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
So just to close this thread with a solution I figured out.

I went to my Samsung account page where it shows your devices signed out of my phone on my account and then signed the phone back in.
Apparently for some reason even though my account said the phone was signed in SmartThings find didn't see it but now it does.
Now when I go to the SmartThings find site the phone shows up along with my Buds2.

Thanks for the help from you all!
0 Likes