Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Pro keep disconnecting from phone

(Topic created: 05-03-2021 10:08 AM)
theBATkid06
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
So I just got my Galaxy Buds Pro for my birthday and they work great, I love them. But there is this one issue I am having. They keep disconnecting. I tried everything, repairing them, restarting my phone, etc. But still does it. Actually it only disconnects when there is nothing playing which is the weird part. But actually before I got these Galaxy Buds Pro i had the OG Galaxy Buds and it was worse. When they disconnected it would refuse to connect so I would have to restart my phone. I think it might have to do with my phone. The phone I am using is the Samsung Galaxy A71 5G. The phone I had before this was the galaxy S8+ and I had no issues with it disconnecting from my og buds. Hopefully somebody can help me with this. Thank you for reading this.
0 Likes
1 Reply
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds
Have you tried resetting the buds from within the galaxy wearable app? Make sure the galaxy wearable app and buds are up to date. You could also try clearing bluetooth cache. Settings->apps tap to the right of your apps........ then show system apps then search for bluetooth. Force stop and then storage->clear cache.
0 Likes