Original topic:

Anybody know when the Z Fold 3 will actually get a security update?

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
userZo7WYVEMeW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
It's ludicrous a device that costs almost $2,000 is still running the July security update. I googled it and hey Australia apparently got their September security update the first week of September. Yet here in the States still nothing. I guarantee there are a lot more of these phones in the United States than I'm Australia so I could think the fact that it's their premium device, and the USA is probably their largest market would mean we wouldn't be sitting here the last week of September with a security update over two months old. Honestly if this is the way Samsung is going to treat the security, and features of this phone then maybe it's best to either switch back to the 21 Ultra, or immediately trade this phone when the 22 Ultra comes out. Highly disappointed in Sammy right now. 
10 Replies
DanG92263
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Security update releases in the US are controlled by phone carriers, not Samsung. Carriers will delay the release of updates to allow for testing before releasing them to their customers, as they wish to control the user's experience on their network, so that they will remain loyal customers.
0 Likes
MutatedRam
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thats all fine and dandy but unlocked users are in the same boat so what's the excuse for that
userZo7WYVEMeW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I see what you're saying. My device is unlocked so I wouldn't think the carrier mattered from my understanding. I just find it hard to believe they would roll out an update September 6th, I believe that's the day, in Australia and not roll it out here for unlocked devices yet. Better communication would go a long way. However, googling it there isn't any word on when a US update is coming. I'm not even looking for new features just up to date security would be appreciated.
DanG92263
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Unlocked only mean that your phone can be set up to another carrier's network and not 'locked' into that service. In Europe and Australia the systems are different in that most users buy their phones, not from a carrier, but unlocked from phone venders, then shop for the best carrier and take their phone to be set up to that carriers network. They can leave at any time, usually without penalty.

The FCC can also delay an update here in the US.
0 Likes
ZeusD
Halo
Options
Galaxy Fold
I personally think something is wrong(they don't have the sense enough to say something) with the update. This is extremely strange(or lax) compared to any other device I've had with them over the past 11 years.

For the cost, yes I think they should say something(again, previous side bar), but they don't like communication obviously..
foldi3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
9/28 and still nothing 🙄 fold 3 unlocked 🤷🏽‍:male_sign: and thats how they guaranteed 4 years update on this phone
LemD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
I agree with the ridiculous delay for an $1800 premium phone- my Z Fold 3. Social media is beginning to buzz with this delay info. Samsung, if that matters to you. I've been a loyal customer of premium Samsung phones for years and have never experienced delay issues like this particularly with Security Updates!
Samsung, please get it together or at the very least communicate to your customers what is going on!
LemD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Sorry, I'm only agreeing with other peoples' concerns re. no update as yet from my last post, NOT that there's no update.
0 Likes
userZo7WYVEMeW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Finally got the update today!
0 Likes