JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fold 4 heating while using Android Auto

(Topic created: 08-31-2022 07:29 PM)
AmitBansal
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I am using fold 4 map and music. The phone is heating up quickly with 10 mins. I am using Samsung original cable and connection is proper. No other process or apps running.
Please fix it as it's expensive phone.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, @AmitBansal ! I can definitely understand the concern with your phone overheating while in the car! 

First, I hope that you're okay, if you are ever injured or there's any damage due to your phone overheating, we take this very seriously! Please reach out to Samsung directly (1-800-726-7864) or one of our moderators, as we would like to speak with you and obtain some additional details to make sure to provide the best resolution for you. 

I agree with @cdalgorta . A Third-party application is a possibility if you have multiple apps running this can sometimes cause the phone to heat up, So definitely recommend putting your phone into safe mode to see if the reason for the overheating is due to a third-party application. 

1. To activate Safe Mode, hold the power key until the Power off icon appears.
  2. Press and hold the Power off icon until the Safe Mode prompt appears.
  3. Select Safe Mode to confirm.

If you have your device in direct sunlight for an extended period of time, no matter the temperature of the car itself, it can sometimes cause your phone to overheat as well. I had this same issue with my daughter's tablet it was sitting on her bed and the curtains were slightly open and a ray of sunlight hit the tab, and it heated it up just enough to get the temperature error. So you have to make sure that you don't overexpose your device to direct rays. 

I also would encourage you to check out the following thread for some additional tips: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Z-Flip/ZFlip-4-Constantly-Overheating/m-p/2380439 

Please feel free if you still need assistance to reach out to one of our moderators directly your utilize one of the service options in the link above. 

Thank you for being a part of the Community! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

3 Replies
cdalgorta
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Weird. It doesn't happen to me after daily driving of 30-60 minutes. I use Bamowi to see my device's temperature in my notification bar all the time and it's currently at 93° after a 67 minute drive with maps and YouTube on at max brightness, so it could just be you. Try restarting your phone in safe mode before your next drive to make sure it's really not an app running in the background.
0 Likes
Vaibh54
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

I face similar issue, while using android auto. Phone heats like burning iron.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, @AmitBansal ! I can definitely understand the concern with your phone overheating while in the car! 

First, I hope that you're okay, if you are ever injured or there's any damage due to your phone overheating, we take this very seriously! Please reach out to Samsung directly (1-800-726-7864) or one of our moderators, as we would like to speak with you and obtain some additional details to make sure to provide the best resolution for you. 

I agree with @cdalgorta . A Third-party application is a possibility if you have multiple apps running this can sometimes cause the phone to heat up, So definitely recommend putting your phone into safe mode to see if the reason for the overheating is due to a third-party application. 

1. To activate Safe Mode, hold the power key until the Power off icon appears.
  2. Press and hold the Power off icon until the Safe Mode prompt appears.
  3. Select Safe Mode to confirm.

If you have your device in direct sunlight for an extended period of time, no matter the temperature of the car itself, it can sometimes cause your phone to overheat as well. I had this same issue with my daughter's tablet it was sitting on her bed and the curtains were slightly open and a ray of sunlight hit the tab, and it heated it up just enough to get the temperature error. So you have to make sure that you don't overexpose your device to direct rays. 

I also would encourage you to check out the following thread for some additional tips: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Z-Flip/ZFlip-4-Constantly-Overheating/m-p/2380439 

Please feel free if you still need assistance to reach out to one of our moderators directly your utilize one of the service options in the link above. 

Thank you for being a part of the Community! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.