JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy note 9 ghost touch after cracking the screen

(Topic created: 05-18-2023 07:53 PM)
AsapMula85
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, fellow Samsung users. this is my 1st post seeing as I just joined the community.

so, I am having an issue I recently dropped my note 9 and cracked the screen and I cannot afford a screen replacement right now.  but the crack is causing ghost touching or clicking in a specific spot on my screen which is very nerve racking cause it seems to come when I am super busy and need my phone to work without issue. but I was wondering if there is a setting or an app I can use to create a dead zone in that area until I can afford a screen replacement. thanks in advance for any help in the matter 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Gossipfunda
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello! I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your Samsung Galaxy Note 9. While there isn't a built-in setting on the phone to create a dead zone in a specific area of the screen, there are a few workarounds you can try to minimize the impact of the ghost touching:

1. Enable Developer Options: Go to Settings > About phone > Software information > Build number. Tap on the build number seven times to unlock Developer Options. Then, go to Developer Options in the Settings menu and enable "Show taps" or "Pointer location." This will display visual indicators on the screen when it detects touches, allowing you to identify if it's a ghost touch or actual touch input.

2. Rotation Control Apps: Install a rotation control app from the Google Play Store that allows you to lock the screen rotation. By keeping the screen locked in portrait or landscape mode, you may be able to avoid the problematic area temporarily.

3. Use One-Handed Mode: Samsung devices have a one-handed mode that can be enabled. This mode reduces the active screen area, making it less likely for accidental touches to occur in the affected area. To enable it, go to Settings > Advanced features > One-handed mode.

Remember that these solutions may not completely resolve the issue, but they can help mitigate the problem until you can afford a screen replacement. It's recommended to prioritize getting the screen repaired to avoid any potential long-term issues.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Gossipfunda
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello! I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your Samsung Galaxy Note 9. While there isn't a built-in setting on the phone to create a dead zone in a specific area of the screen, there are a few workarounds you can try to minimize the impact of the ghost touching:

1. Enable Developer Options: Go to Settings > About phone > Software information > Build number. Tap on the build number seven times to unlock Developer Options. Then, go to Developer Options in the Settings menu and enable "Show taps" or "Pointer location." This will display visual indicators on the screen when it detects touches, allowing you to identify if it's a ghost touch or actual touch input.

2. Rotation Control Apps: Install a rotation control app from the Google Play Store that allows you to lock the screen rotation. By keeping the screen locked in portrait or landscape mode, you may be able to avoid the problematic area temporarily.

3. Use One-Handed Mode: Samsung devices have a one-handed mode that can be enabled. This mode reduces the active screen area, making it less likely for accidental touches to occur in the affected area. To enable it, go to Settings > Advanced features > One-handed mode.

Remember that these solutions may not completely resolve the issue, but they can help mitigate the problem until you can afford a screen replacement. It's recommended to prioritize getting the screen repaired to avoid any potential long-term issues.

AsapMula85
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Gossipfunda Thank you i will definitely be giving these suggestions a try. i dont know why i didnt think about the one handed mode thats def. going to help with the area that is being problematic. 

0 Likes
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
There's also a touch sensitivity settings in the screen settings. If that's on, you could try turning it off
0 Likes