JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to attach msg files on text message for a Note 10+?

(Topic created: 05-03-2023 01:20 PM)
Marcohernandez
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Does anyone knows how to attach files on text msg for a Note 10+? I can't find that option or I don't know how to turn it on. 

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If you're attempting to send a word document or a PDF, you will need to go directly into your "My files" app, search for that document then selecting how you want it to open, then tapping the share arrow icon to add the recipient.

There doesn't seem to be a direct way in the Samsung Messaging app to do it from there.

View solution in context

7 Replies
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Good afternoon @Marcohernandez, I hope you're doing well.

If you're using the Google Messenger app, to attach a file to the message: first open the message thread you would like to attach a file in> next at the bottom where you would go to send a photo or a video, you will find a + icon next to it.> tap that and a submenu will open. Tap on "Files" here is where you can attach a file from your device.

If you're using the Samsung Messaging app: the function will be the exact same to attach a file.
Marcohernandez
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
😭Screenshot_20230503-142159_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The plus icon next to where you camera icon is is where you can attach files from your file explorer. Screenshot_20230503_162841_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Marcohernandez
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
This is what I get.... don't see the file option button anymore it was there before but now is gone. Screenshot_20230503-142159_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The plus icon next to your camera icon is where you add files. 1683149325928_1683149325912_0.jpg
0 Likes
Marcohernandez
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
When I click the + that's what it shows me all options but not file.
This ss was after i clicked the + button 😭Screenshot_20230503-142159_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If you're attempting to send a word document or a PDF, you will need to go directly into your "My files" app, search for that document then selecting how you want it to open, then tapping the share arrow icon to add the recipient.

There doesn't seem to be a direct way in the Samsung Messaging app to do it from there.