Original topic:

Overall Best Phones In The World…EXCEPT

(Topic created: 04-28-2023 04:51 AM)
MrCoffeeToGo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Dear Samsung,

I’m not sure who at Samsung to contact specifically but I’ll start here…in hopes of finding someone, who can relay this message…

I will NEVER buy another Samsung phone again. Overall, you make the best phones in the world but I can not stand the fact, that when I purchase a product, that I can’t uninstall much of the  that comes with your phones. 

Yes, I would LOVE IT…if you allowed us to unlock the Bootloader but it’s not a dealbreaker for me because you support your phones for such a reasonable amount of time, I’m ready to upgrade before you stop upgrading my phone anyway, so downloading another operating system like Lineage, etc isn’t necessary for me…

BUT I CAN’T STAND NOT BEING ABLE TO REMOVE ANYTHING ON MY PHONE THAT I CHOOSE TO REMOVE…yes, I understand that Google has certain requirements regarding the software they require and I’m okay with that…BUT PLEASE EITHER MAKE YOUR OWN OPERATING SYSTEM AND LEAVE GOOGLE OFF YOUR PHONES OR KEEP GOOGLE AND LET US DECIDE WHAT, IF ANY OF YOUR SOFTWARE, WE WANT TO KEEP!

SO…FIX THIS OR YOU’VE LOST ME FOREVER!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Samsung uses android. Android is made by Google. There is literally no way to use android and have access to the full android ecosystem without having Google on your phone. If you don't like it, you can get an iPhone, because every non-apple smartphone runs Google Android. Google dictates what's on the phone, and given that there is no alternative, Samsung can't exactly make a ton of demands.
Don't like it? Sorry, we live in a Google/apple duopoly. I hate it too. Should have bought a windows phone back in the day.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Samsung uses android. Android is made by Google. There is literally no way to use android and have access to the full android ecosystem without having Google on your phone. If you don't like it, you can get an iPhone, because every non-apple smartphone runs Google Android. Google dictates what's on the phone, and given that there is no alternative, Samsung can't exactly make a ton of demands.
Don't like it? Sorry, we live in a Google/apple duopoly. I hate it too. Should have bought a windows phone back in the day.
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Go to apple then cause everyone OS has stuff you can't Uninstall.