JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

locked clipboard history can't be deleted

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Feulluvia
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi! I have samsung galaxy note 8. A while back I used to work for a small company and saved their greetings like "Hi, with xxx, how can I help you?" I locked it so it won't get deleted when I cleared my clipboard since I used it often. Long story short I don't work for them anymore.  I want to unlock and delete it. but the unlock from the clipboard is greyed out and I can't tap it. I tried to lock new message and it can be unlock normally. So how can I unlock these few message? I don't want to factory reset my whole phone since there's a lot of data and memory.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for following up and providing the additional information. When the items were locked to the clipboard, did you have a work profile saved to the phone?

Try rebooting the phone into Safe Mode and then unlocking the items. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

You can also try resetting app settings. Settings>General Management>Reset>Reset all settings. You will have to reapply your custom settings, but this will not delete data from the phone.

A factory reset would be our last suggestion for removing the content, but be sure to back up your data. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

Let us know the results of the steps you attempt. Maybe one of the Community's Members or Ambassadors have other suggestions?

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Could it be, your 7 year old phone, which has not had an Android update in years, or has not had any security updates in years, that your Note 8 could be nearing its end of life causing it to malfunction?
0 Likes
Feulluvia
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hi! I know it's old, but the problem started happening in around 2020, I tried to search in google and no answer except factory reset. so I tried to ignore it since the clip got buried with other copied message. and around that time there were still update. So no, I don't think it is because it is nearing its end and malfunction.

Because other settings seems work just fine, except that. And I read similar case in note 9 that was posted around 2/3 years ago.

Thanks

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello Feulluvia, Welcome to the Community and thank you for reaching out. We understand it can be frustrating trying to clean up an older phone.

If you touch and hold the item on the clipboard you want to delete, does it give you an option to unpin it?

Have you tried resetting the keyboard settings? Settings>General Management>Samsung Keyboard Settings>Reset to default settings

Let us know if this helps.

0 Likes
Feulluvia
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

hi! the button appear (the unlock button) but it is greyed out and I can't click it, like nothing happened. I tried to lock new clipped message and it unlocked just like normal. So just these few old message that can't be unlocked.

I tried to reset my keyboard a few days ago after reading similar case, but it just messed up my keyboard (fewer language input from before). Nothing happen to the clipboard or the locked clip.

p.s I tried from both the keyboard and edge panels, but nothing works.

Thanks

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for following up and providing the additional information. When the items were locked to the clipboard, did you have a work profile saved to the phone?

Try rebooting the phone into Safe Mode and then unlocking the items. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

You can also try resetting app settings. Settings>General Management>Reset>Reset all settings. You will have to reapply your custom settings, but this will not delete data from the phone.

A factory reset would be our last suggestion for removing the content, but be sure to back up your data. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

Let us know the results of the steps you attempt. Maybe one of the Community's Members or Ambassadors have other suggestions?

0 Likes
Feulluvia
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, I tried the safe mode. Firstly it didn't let me open the clipboard from the keyboard. So I used edge panel, the problem still the same. So I tried the reset setting and it also didn't work. 

I also read about the factory reset trick from a post not long after my problem arise, but I didn't want it because the data and memories are a lot to back up. I believe it will work though.

Thank you

0 Likes