cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HateMoto
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge - How to turn off alarm clock

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That has been the issue all along. If a day is not selected.....the alarm still goes off athe the time selected. It needs a simple on/off switch.

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
If a day is NOT selected, you are setting an alarm for next time the clock hits that time.

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

jcgrube623
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is quite simple - and it is a flaw and/or bug.

I have my alarm set to go off every weekday at 5:30 AM. It is set to be off on the weekend.

However, if I have a day off, or vacation, I either have to go in each day and disable the day I want, or delete the entire alarm. There should be an ON/OFF switch.

My solution was to simply download and use the default Google Clock instead. It behaves correctly. The Samsung clock has some features I prefer for infrequent use, but the Alarm is an everyday item, so it wins.

Blessedandgreat
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I create an alarm, and select the days I want the alarm to sound (the days turn green). To turn off an aiarm, I go to the alarm list and select the alarm clock in the desired alarm, if it turns grey, it's off, if it's green it's still on.
jcgrube623
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

True, but the stock Android alarm has a simple ON/OFF toggle in each alarm you save. You can actually have alarms set for different reasons that you use frequently, and leave them configured how you like, but completely off.

For me, this is an absolute. Rather than mess around with an alarm each day, I only have to change things once when I have a change in my schedule - for example, traveling for work or vacation.

So in your example, I have to open the alarm, click each day I don't want the alarm to sound (for me, 5 clicks for a full week), then save it with no days activated.

In the stock Clock app, I open only go to the alarms page in the Clock and slide the toggle to off. One action. It is much more efficient.

This is an example of Samsung taking something that is stock and making it worse, rather than better.  If the toggle were there as I describe, the Samsung clock would be just fine.

On another note - the Samsung clock should have a Daydream mode like the stock clock, but they are apparently depending on Always On Display to do that for us.

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You said " True, but the stock Android alarm has a simple ON/OFF toggle in each alarm you save. You can actually have alarms set for different reasons that you use frequently, and leave them configured how you like, but completely off."

This is exactly how my Samsung S7 alarm works. See attached screen shot. The green icon next to the 2 alarms means they are both on. 

Could it be that you do not have this alarm app on your S7 edge? 

Could it be that alarm app is changed by the carrier? 

I have T-mobile. 

HateMoto
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It must be carrier sensative. According to the screen prints, my alarm would go off twice a day, every day.  I can't stress enough there is no way i have found to skip a day.  Even if there are no days highlighted (green) it would still go off.

jcgrube623
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is what the alarm clock looks like for me.

So tell me, how do you turn it OFF with one button press/swipe? You either delete, or you open the alarm instance and turn off the days you don't want. This is multi-step.

The stock Google/Android clock looks like this. The slider turns the entire alarm off. So, if you have recurring alarms set, you can leave them established, with the correct days, and simply turn them off, rather than having to edit each day. The Google Clock version of Alarms is superior, in my view. 

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Well the button to the right of each alarm is the on/off switch. One click.

jcgrube623
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you're referring to the X on the right of each alarm, I wouldn't define that as an on/off switch. It deletes the entire alarm. So, if you want to simply turn the alarm off for say, vacation, you either delete it - and then recreate all of your settings (ring tone, volume, etc.), of you open it, and turn it off for each day.