Original topic:

Gallery Sort by Date

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
KLW49
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi 

Has anyone else found that their photo gallery sort by date no longer separates the photos onto individual dates. Now I find its divided by month only. So I'm back to trying to find a photo as a small thumbnail  and then checking it to see what date they are so see if its further or I've past it already ! Can't see anything else obvious setting wise  to bring this feature back. I miss it. Maybe around 2nd android upgrade. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@KLW49 It sounds like you have just zoomed out on your gallery.

Try this: touch two fingers on the screen and move them apart. This will make the thumbnails bigger and at a certain point... it will show your photos by individual date. 

View solution in context

11 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Which, Google Photos or Samsung Gallery?  In any case, both of mine sort by individual date-currently.  I have not received OneUI6.1 update.

KLW49
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm using Samsung Gallery. A52

Using UI6.0. Been showing individual dates perfectly. Isn't much in settings to even change 

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm on an a54 oneUI 6.0. when I am in an album, I can go to the 3 dot menu and choose from various sort orders. When you choose to look at the "all photos" in the pictures tab option, it automatically sorts by time period. Looks like monthly, depending on how many pictures you took in that time period.

Don't be in the pictures tab. Either create albums (I think "camera roll" is created by default and is where all pictures go until you move them to another album. Try going into your camera roll album and they will be sorted by date, however, not in groups by date like in the pictures tab. Looking through pictures by date range shouldn't be too difficult unless you take hundreds of pictures in a given month.

Correction:  it only shows date range when I took very few pictures in a month.  For a recent vacation, it groups my photos by day on individual days. For instance, I took 10 pictures on Nov 10 and 1 picture on Nov 9 and 12 pictures on Nov 8.  Each set of pictures is grouped by individual dates.  If I too 10 pictures in total for the month of November, it would be grouped as the 10 pictures with a header that says Nov 8-10 (if those were the only pictures I took in November. The date range would be the date of the first photo and the date of the last photo.

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try this. Open Gallery>three lines bottom right>Settings>About Gallery>tap the Version number quickly many times until you see the notification at the bottom that Gallery Labs have been enabled. Go back to Gallery Settings>Gallery Labs will be a new option at the bottom. Toggle on "Timeline in album".
Screenshot_20240404_143041_Gallery_1000004029_1712259041.png
KLW49
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What kind of phone to you have ? I don't see gallery labs on mine..

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You have to enable the Gallery Labs option first by tapping the Version number in quick succession several times. See my screenshots. The "group by date" toggle sort method @realaud mentioned works as well. Good to know! lol

Screenshot_20240404_144754_Gallery_1000004031_1712260074.pngScreenshot_20240404_144912_Gallery_1000004033_1712260152.pngScreenshot_20240404_145754_Gallery_1000004035_1712260722.png

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Labs won't be there unless you enable it.  you have to follow his instructions.  go to the three line menu at the bottom right, select settings, go all the way down to "about gallery", then when the next screen comes up, rapidly tap the version number (under the word Gallery) until the labs are enabled.  Then when you go back out of that screen into the gallery menu (again, lines on the bottom/settings) the Labs will appear as the very last thing after contact us.

It comes with a warning though, as with any generally non-public settings, you have to be careful what you enable/disable.

Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@KLW49 It sounds like you have just zoomed out on your gallery.

Try this: touch two fingers on the screen and move them apart. This will make the thumbnails bigger and at a certain point... it will show your photos by individual date. 

KLW49
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You are a star ! Tried that and it worked on the camera folder.  Other folders worked now that I tried it after a suggestion. So must of zoomed at some point ! A wee thing has made me happy. Take too many photos lol