cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That message appeared on my phone today when I was trying to charge it for a second time. Earlier that day everything was fine. I was so scared. I was trying to dry it out with the hairdryer, wipe it with the cotton pods, rince it with the fresh water, then dry again. Nothing helped at all. Then I have turned it off completely, left for a while and plugged in... And it started charging. Uff. I need to be more careful now.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried the blow dryer to and nothin. I haven't been near the water unless u call me taking a shower but my phone isn't in the shower with me. I never had this problem before after taking a shower it was fine but then today I woke up and my phone wasn't charged and it said moisture in the port. Need help it's a new phone. Maybe it is software problems but they need to fix it

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Full power down and restart fixed mine too. Thanks. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is third time that i received Moisture detected in charging port what can i do?
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Blowing into it then wiping the port out with a q-tip and I still kept getting the mioister in port but after I rebooted it went away and never came back. But how is Samsung saying this is waterproof up to 1.5 meters when it does this CRAP, all I did was rinse my phone off under the fasit and I get this error.  this obviously isn't waterproof if you can't even charge your device after it gets wet and have to do many steps to dry it. I didn't have to go through this with my galaxy s5 or the s7. Samsung needs to sell a plug that fits in the power port to make it fully waterproof and keep dust or dirt out.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys, check out this post I made to address your phone's water resistance and how to check for liquid damage on it. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. I went to the beach and every time I charge it I get this error. If I restart it with the charger in, it'll work fine but if I take it out the error comes back.....annoying. 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Spoiler
I got a quick solution 

I woke up to that message today, tried to put charger on but was saying dry the port first. I managed to solve the problem quickly. I used the lowest heat of my hair dryer to blow the charging port. I put the phone at a decent  distance then began to blow it not directly but moving my hand constantly...just make sure the heat is reaching the port.  I'm not a good explainer but i hope  someone gets it and got helped.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks - the hair blow dryer worked

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

an expensive piece of junk. Never been wet etc and can't get rid of alert