JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S7 Camera not working

(Topic created on: 11/29/19 8:09 AM)
user79gpmOqQHH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Out of the blue my camera stopped working and all I get is the Camera failed message.  I have done every troubleshooting tip: clearing cache and data on camera and gallery, turn off smart stay, running in safe mode and wipe cache partition. 

I see numerous threads about this issue but no resolution.  Also getting the mesage that the flashlight is being used by another app.  Tried installing third party camera apps and they all say the camera is in use by another app.  This has to be a software issue.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userCrJuAFEmlD,

Hey there! 

I would be happy to look into your concerns. 

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userheV9tfl1Zr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did this ever get resolved?  Is there something that actually works??

I'm having the EXACT same issues and have watched every youtube, tried every "fix" recommended, and nothing works. 

Starting to wonder if Samsung planted this glitch to get people to buy new phones.  VERY frustrating.

RobErrett
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@LongHiker wrote:

I would recommend taking it to ubreakifix for analysis. 

this is not a solution

Amateur
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is a suggestion, not a solution.

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, give this a shot:

Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) >
 Camera > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. 
 Restart Phone

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
BooBop24
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same issue!! Just started out of the blue! Camera app presents Warning message and closes app. Any other app trying to use camera cannot do anything. Flashlight is saying it Can't open because camera light being used in different app. I've always used Samsung phones and love them and never had this issue until now with my S7. I tried clearing the data and cache and rebooting and nothing is working! PLEASE HELP! 

0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does this occur when the device is in safe mode?

0 Likes
BooBop24
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@SamsungCole it still does it in safe mode. All the same issues happen 

SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for confirming. If it is happening in Safe Mode, it would indicate there is a hardware problem. I recommend having the phone evaluated by a certified technician. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/