cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S7 edge pink line down screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Active. I have the same problem with the pink line down the right side of the screen. It started as a single intermittent pink line. It would go away sometimes and than come back sometimes. Now the line is always there and sometimes replicates to 2-4 lines. If I press down on the front facing camera the pink lines go away.  I have tried the RGB fix, and a factory reset and the lines persist. 

This phone is my first Samsung device. I switched from an iphone to a S7 active, because I was tired of paying for cracked screen repairs. Now I have a 6 month old Samsung Device that has pink lines (hardware defect screen). At least with Apple I was breaking the screens so I was paying for the repairs, but Samsung having the nerve to charge people $300 for something that is clearly a hardware defect is crazy. 

I was told by Samsung rep over the phone that I shouldn't bother sending in my phone, because it won't be eligible for a free repair. My 2 year old daughter ripped off my Multiple Pages(Left physical button) and than couldn't find it. So due to a missing button and a few scratches on the case of a supposed rugged phone I am not able to fix a hardware defect. So now I have to deal with this crap phone with a missing button and pink lines for another year before I am eligible for my next upgrade. Never again will I buy a Samsung device! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found this issue to be easy to fix; at least temporarily.  just go to display and enable the option that bugged out.  Always on display, and smart stay are one of the options I normally have to re-enable.  I believe it is just a firmware issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
"he tole me to enter *#0*# and then a load of buttons came up on the screen. in the top left corner was the button red and asked to press it so i did. the screen went red.
didnt think the problem was solved and the op went through doing a hard reset, which is said i didnt want to do.
Call diconnected and got out of the red screen by back button a couple of times and voila the line was gone.
might be useful for those who have the problem."

Worked for me! Thanks!!
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I phoned Samsung about this problem and they picked it up the following day to be repaired as it was only 4 months old. Their customer service is brilliant as they told me you don't have to go with your mobile phone service provider as the phone is covered with them for 24 months apart from battery (12 months).

It does mean going without a phone for a week but I am happy it's being fixed.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

took mine to o2 . was told to take to samsung service centre as o2 have been told it is now a known fault by samsung

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem and called samsung but they said because of little cracked i had on my screen it couldnt be fixed .This is bull **bleep**.Its going to  be exactly the same as the samsung galaxy 8.Im switching to apple.Been a loyal customer for 2 years.

no one get the Samsung Galaxy 8

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This thread now has 100,000+ views and 300+ replies. We have not heard any update from 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good about time someone does something cause the overheat to and many I there issue. It's not just the note 7 .. we all need to do something I got ride of mine and wouldn't even take a replacement I went back to the s5 never had one problem with that phone even turned it in with no scratches or anything wrong with it had it for almost 3 years and sure would not even try the s8 when they can't even get the line of s7 right 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This thread shows a very good proof for s7 pink line issue based on the number of replies and views. I was wondering what will happen if Samsung totally deletes this thread? How can we gather these experiences again?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Start taking screen shots of every page as proof. I'll be doing this when I get home. There are way too many cases of the exact same problem all over the world.