Original topic:

Turn off charging animation

(Topic created: a week ago)
HenryLV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hello, I love my S23 FE except for one thing: I use a third party app for my charging animation, and having it show twice (one from my app, one from One UI) is pretty annoying.

Can Samsung add an option to turn off the built in animation?
10 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This might help 

Phone settings 

Accessibility

Vision enhancements 

Toggle on Reduce Animations  

and the charging animation should be gone 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
HenryLV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That helps but it also removes most animations from the entire phone...I just need the charging animation gone
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

At the moment thats they only way to remove the charging animation 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
HenryLV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Alright, thanks! Hopefully Samsung adds the option to disable the animation soon.
0 Likes
Spunkylittledude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Go to setting and click screen savers Then there should be an option to turn it off
0 Likes
HenryLV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's to disable showing the charging information on the always on display, thanks though!1718697387365.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm trying to understand why you would need a third-party app for a charging animation.  The native animation is just like a 3 second blip on the screen when you plug in or place on a charger, and most people just ignore it.  I don't care that you do it, I'm just curious as to why.

0 Likes
Regismeuc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same reason ppl get other messaging apps. Phone has it so why get another? Oh well it has this ability and it can do this other thing. I refuse to add something to my phone it can already do just because it does an extra thing. Ev1 adds WhatsApp, telegram and so on when it has messages and/or messenger
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That may be, but I'm puzzled as to why have an app for the charging animation - who looks at it or pays enough attention to it that you would need something to spice it up?  I don't even look at it.  If I hear the connection sound, I know it's charging.  My guess is the app does some other stuff and includes a charging animation, so why not check it out.  Whoever programmed it, though, didn't think to try to disable/replace the native animation, or didn't have the code to do so.  If it stays animated during the charging cycle, doesn't that just make it take that much longer to charge?

0 Likes