JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Hidden Repeat Notifications

(Topic created: 04-07-2023 06:13 AM)
Options
Galaxy S21

This is likely not a S21-specific question, but I have no idea where to ask this.

I have installed Microsoft Family safety on my phone and set up 3 family members.  Location notifications aren't working, but that's nor relevant for now.

I'm getting 30-40 notifications a day (Settings>Notifications>Advanced Settings>Notification History) of "Family Safety is using your location."   At first, I thought this was Family Safety specific.  Installed Life360.  Get 40-60 "Life360 is using your location" notifications a day.  BTW, these are not exaggerations.  Find My Kids app does the same thing expect I only get 10-20/day.

On each of these notifications I get an audible notifications.  No popup on phone or Watch3.  None of those notifications show up when I swipe down on my home screen.  Only visible in Notification History.  Any way to, at minimum, silence these notifications?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samy4myHamy53
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah it's definitely an app thing, My Fam & I use life360 And it's constantly Showing up in my notification bar saying "updating location" There's a simple fix, just go to the notification settings// Notification categories/ and make the "updating location" notification silent.

You can do that with any app constantly showing up in your status/notification bar

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Sounds more like an app problem than a phone problem. I would suggest trying to contact Microsoft.
Options
Galaxy S21

That was my initial thought and it could still be correct.  But, when I get the same hidden alarm in 3 different apps, I'm not certain.

0 Likes
Solution
Samy4myHamy53
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah it's definitely an app thing, My Fam & I use life360 And it's constantly Showing up in my notification bar saying "updating location" There's a simple fix, just go to the notification settings// Notification categories/ and make the "updating location" notification silent.

You can do that with any app constantly showing up in your status/notification bar
0 Likes
lrnddahardway
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It is not an app problem or phone problem. It is simply a matter of changing the right settings. If the settings for location notifications are on and audible just set it to silent. You can do that with pretty much every apps settings.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

I have 4 GPS location apps on my phone - Life360, Ring, Maps, Family safety.  As part of my experimentation, I 'forced stop' on all 4.  That stopped the mystery notifications.

The interesting part of that is, when I enable one at a time, the mystery notifications return.Doesn't matter which one I enable (leaving the others disabled), the notifications return.   Even more interesting, using my phone settings, I go Settings>Apps>pick-one-of-4-apps>Notifications, and set to Silent.  Still I get the notifications.  Only way I've found to silence them is 'Force Stop' all 4.