JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I install the Spell check on my phone?

(Topic created: 05-17-2023 01:19 PM)
cherroe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

How can i install spell check on my phone?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Good afternoon @cherroe, I hope you're doing well.

You actually don't need to install an external app for Spell checking; the phone's AI is very good at Spell check already. You'll want to make sure it's enabled by Swiping down your notification shade, and tapping the gear icon on the right to take you to your settings menu.> Next Scroll down and tap on "General management"> Then tap "Samsung Keyboard settings"

In this sub menu; there are a few settings you'll want to make sure are enabled. You'll want to toggle on "Predictive Text" if it isn't on already, you'll also want to enable "Auto replace" this will replace any spelling errors.

Here's an extra one for you: tap on "More Typing options"> and toggle on "enhanced accuracy" this will ensure the AI inside of your phone is also learning and storing words you use often.

I hope this helps.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Spell check is a keyboard function, which keyboard are you using?
0 Likes
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Good afternoon @cherroe, I hope you're doing well.

You actually don't need to install an external app for Spell checking; the phone's AI is very good at Spell check already. You'll want to make sure it's enabled by Swiping down your notification shade, and tapping the gear icon on the right to take you to your settings menu.> Next Scroll down and tap on "General management"> Then tap "Samsung Keyboard settings"

In this sub menu; there are a few settings you'll want to make sure are enabled. You'll want to toggle on "Predictive Text" if it isn't on already, you'll also want to enable "Auto replace" this will replace any spelling errors.

Here's an extra one for you: tap on "More Typing options"> and toggle on "enhanced accuracy" this will ensure the AI inside of your phone is also learning and storing words you use often.

I hope this helps.
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Open your keyboard and follow these screen shots . Many options for youScreenshot_20230517_134201_Samsung Keyboard.jpgScreenshot_20230517_134242_Samsung Keyboard.jpgScreenshot_20230517_134302_Samsung Keyboard.jpgScreenshot_20230517_134316_Samsung Keyboard.jpg
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Here's the settings area alsoScreenshot_20230517_134057_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
cherroe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you i shall try all this.