Original topic:

S21 Ultra severely scratched from normal use

(Topic created: 07-21-2021 08:55 AM)
userAfJrohYvfo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Have had the ultra since launch and started getting scratches very quickly. Have owned 3 previous samsung flagships and not had any problems. The problem has only continued to get worse and I'm at the point now where I notice it every time I use the phone. I saw this post about how it's could be a thin screen protector that some had installed from factory. That would make sense except that I've looked under a literal microscope and can't see any screen protector or at least the edge of it and the post otherwise provides no instructions for how to remove it. My father and I received ours at the same time and he hasn't had any scratches (and he's much rougher with his phone) so I'm inclined to believe it is just a thin protector but I'm at a loss for what to do about it.

2 Replies
AvilasTroll
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Maybe get a case? Lol
0 Likes
typhin13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
If you don't wash your hands before every single time you think about touching your screen, the oleophobic coating will rub off and you'll start collecting micro scratches along everywhere you touch the screen.
I went from a pixel 4a as a mechanic to the 21 ultra as a driver and my now dirt, oil, and solvent free hands still have somehow accumulated infinitely more micro scratches in a couple months than the 4a ever had for it's entire life.
The only way to really prevent the scratches is to get a tempered glass screen protector, which will ALSO render the awful in screen thumb print sensor
0 Likes