JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Secure folder crashing

(Topic created: 02-03-2023 06:48 AM)
userWK9T5Ti53N
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
My S21 updated last night. Since the update I haven't been able to access my secure folder. When I click on the icon I get the fingerprint prompt. As soon as the print is accepted the app seems to open where I can see all of the app icons, I then it immediately closes. I've tried using the pin and clearing the cache and app data. No luck. Anybody else with this issue?
68 Replies
Nukem96
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I can't even change any options in settings.
user47dW2HT0uh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
same issue here
M42
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Just like the title says, the app crashes when trying to open. It worked fine on the previous update.
Phone: S21 (SM-G991U1)
Software: One UI 5.0, Android 13 (Jan 1 update, G991U1UES5DWA4), Secure Folder 1.8.01.5
Actions taken: Re booted, cleared cache, cleared data.
It doesn't look like there is a way to roll the software back. As of right now I cannot access anything in that folder.
Edit1: As other suggested, I was able to quickly tap my Andftp app inside the secure folder and then back up my files. At least I'm good there. If the ftp app wasn't on the first page this wouldn't have been viable.
Edit2: I created a ticket through the members app. Attached requested logs and a screen shot of the crashed app popup.

Edit3: Seems someone moved my post over here. Haven't heard back from Samsung on my ticket yet.
Ajf5197
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
Same here!! What is going on @Communityuser3049203
BobbyCarra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Report error via this app please. Make sure you have a backup before updating to security folders thar you may lose access to should something go wrong.
0 Likes
M42
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks Bobby but I didn't push this update, Samsung did. I have files in there that are not yet backed up.
I am also not able to report via app because it crashes when opening. I click the report feedback and nothing happens.
BobbyCarra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Take a screen shot or video recording, you can attach the video recording via this app as you report the error, it will let you. I've reported few errors before and have gotten fixed.
M42
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
OK. I tried doing a screen record but that stops as soon as I try to open the folder. Thinking about that now, it might be due to the secure nature of the folder. Ill need to find another device to do an acutal recording. I was able to take a screen shot of the app crashing notification and attached that. I did not know you could create a ticket through the Members app so thanks for that info.
Logs and screen shot have been uploaded.
0 Likes
Nukem96
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I am having same issue. Latest update seems to have broken my Secure Folder. I also have files that were not backed up and cannot be replaced. Is there a way to retrieve these with Secure Folder broken? I am using a Fold 3 if that matters.
dwaa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Same issue.

Secure Folder v 1.8.01.5 on an S22

I can enter the password pattern, and if I click fast enough, I can open one app in the secure folder (Google's Keep Notes) and it runs just fine. However, I cannot open any other apps or access anything else in the Secure Folder. It opens for a very brief moment and then crashes/stops. Even the settings for the app crash when I try to access them.

I have tried clearing cache and clearing data and restarting my phone. Nothing seems to fix the issue.