JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Secure folder crashing

(Topic created: 02-04-2023 07:12 PM)
userWK9T5Ti53N
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
My S21 updated last night. Since the update I haven't been able to access my secure folder. When I click on the icon I get the fingerprint prompt. As soon as the print is accepted the app seems to open where I can see all of the app icons, I then it immediately closes. I've tried using the pin and clearing the cache and app data. No luck. Anybody else with this issue?
68 Replies
userWsbAxlxg33
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same problem here. Secure Folder v 1.8.01.5 on Note 20 Ultra 5G (SM-N986U)
Attempts to remedy: Rebooting, Cleared Cache, Cleared Data

I can enter password. Then it immediately crashes. I was able to click quickly and get into settings and try to backup and restore, after about 2 seconds in to the backup it crashed. I was able to open a single app by quickly clicking and the app behaved as usual. I also received a notification from a secure app and was able to open that app via the notification and it seemed to work properly.
GarrettHampton
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Same problem here.  Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and Secure Folder  v 1.8.01.5.  Tried clearing cache, deleting data, restarting.  As soon as I enter my password to Secure Folder it instantly closes.

alansyn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Same here with Samsung Galaxy S21
userMlTy59xVOJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Here for the fix for this issue
0 Likes
user2ZFIKsLpaC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Same problem with Fold 3. Secure Folder crashes
0 Likes
user2ZFIKsLpaC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Same with Fold 3.
0 Likes
tahwermoin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
One update came for secure folder in galaxy store, after that it's not opening. Plz any help is appreciated. Phone is S22 ultra. 
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Good evening @tahwermoin,

I hope you're doing well. I'm sorry to hear that Secure Folder hasn't been functioning properly for you. Try clearing the cache for that app and restarting your S22 Ultra to see if that fixes the problem.

To do this: First Swipe down your notification shade> next tap the Gear icon on the upper right hand corner to take you to your Settings menu> next scroll to "apps"> Then you'll want to find the Secure folder app in that menu and tap on it> Once here tap on "storage"> finally at the botton "clear Chache" then restart your phone. This should fix the problem.

I hope this helps.
userSVXCqE4rky
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
The same thing is happening and i did what you recommended but still will not open correctly and saying is shuts down
0 Likes
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
You may need to uninstall then reinstall Secure Folder manually. It can be Uninstaller from the "Biometrics and security" menu. Note This Method may cause you to lose the files there are insecure folder if they aren't backed up. It should give you the option to do so when doing an uninstall then reinstall from the Samsung Galaxy Store.