JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Secure folder crashing

(Topic created: 02-02-2023 04:57 PM)
userWK9T5Ti53N
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
My S21 updated last night. Since the update I haven't been able to access my secure folder. When I click on the icon I get the fingerprint prompt. As soon as the print is accepted the app seems to open where I can see all of the app icons, I then it immediately closes. I've tried using the pin and clearing the cache and app data. No luck. Anybody else with this issue?
JUMP TO SOLUTION
tahwermoin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for sharing it, but unfortunately it happens same, and can't uninstall the secure folder as there is important data so. Any alternate suggestions are appreciated. Thank you
0 Likes
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Uninstalling then reinstalling secure folder from the Samsung Galaxy Store should do the trick.
0 Likes
userbNHYVXCNuY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same problem with my S20.
0 Likes
userV9yf8qZ6cy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
How can i fix that issue?, on my galaxy s22 ultra.
0 Likes
Hammeru1st
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I can not get my secure folder to stay open. 

Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
As noted in several other posts on this site, this seems to be a known problem with no current remedy.
0 Likes
Curldogg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same here, galaxy fold 4. This needs to be fixed asap
0 Likes
userzMONIzydiu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi guys, i solved the problem, just restart in safe mode and take everything out of secure folder and then reinstall it and that's work for me.

M42
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Sounds like that could be a workaround but puts the onus on the end user instead of Samsung. We need a proper fix and Samsung needs to call out that an update is going to make secure folder stop working. I had this happen once before on an OS update. Never a security update.
Ajf5197
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
Can we get further instructions on this? Like how to restart in safe mode...how to take files out...