JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Secure folder crashing

(Topic created: 02-02-2023 04:57 PM)
userWK9T5Ti53N
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
My S21 updated last night. Since the update I haven't been able to access my secure folder. When I click on the icon I get the fingerprint prompt. As soon as the print is accepted the app seems to open where I can see all of the app icons, I then it immediately closes. I've tried using the pin and clearing the cache and app data. No luck. Anybody else with this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userGgZXWng8Qm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I had the same problem with Secure Folder version 1.8.01.5. Using the Google Play Store, I was able to look up Secure Folder and uninstall all updates to the app (can't completely uninstall because it is a system app). After uninstalling updates, I was reverted to version 1.8.00.41, and Secure Folder now works! No more app crashing. Interestingly, after reverting to 1.8.00.41, searching the Google Play Store, Galaxy Store, and "About" section in the Secure Folder app all show 1.8.00.41 as being up-to-date/ the current version! My guess is that 1.8.01.5 was broken and caused these crashes, so they pulled the update, but failed to roll back that update for anyone who already updated. At least it's working now.

View solution in context

68 Replies
knightbresnahan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Same issue here. S22 Ultra
John_4_President
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
Your secure folders is from the old operating system not 13. Disable Secure folder and delete them. Enable Secure folder again and let it regenerate the folders again. This may take care of your issues.
0 Likes
userWK9T5Ti53N
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
So disable Secure Folder through the app settings? Then delete the app? What happens to the apps and files currently in Secure Folder when I delete the app? It's there a chance I lose anything through this process?

I'm not really sure where/how files within Secure Folder are stored.
0 Likes
John_4_President
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
I said to disable Secure Folder not delete the app itself. Once you delete all that's inside, it will make new copies.
0 Likes
userWK9T5Ti53N
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
How was I supposed to know who "them" was? I also don't understand how to delete folders I can't access or how "it will make new copies" if the folders are deleted.
John_4_President
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
I've done it before. Disable the option for secure folders. Go inside where it created the folders and delete all of them. Enable Secure Folder again and it should make new copies for you.
0 Likes
Blunicorn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
For me it's already disabled
0 Likes
M42
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Not correct. My folder was working fine with Android 13.
It seems to be related to G991U1UES5DWA4 which may have contained Secure Folder 1.8.01.5.
0 Likes
tfreem133
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Having the same issue, I use my fingerprint and it opens for a split second and crashes immediately. Tried clearing the cache and that didn't work. I can't even disable secure folder, it's grayed out and I can't do anything. I'm able to access some apps in the folder since I get notifications but I can't access the rest of the folder still.