JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Whatsapp Images Not Appearing In Gallery

(Topic created: 06-03-2024 04:44 PM)
mhamzahashim
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi there, I'm using Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, after the new whatsapp update last week, I'm unable to see images coming from whatsapp in my gallery. 

Also the folder of Whatsapp images in not there in the file manager. What's going on?

Can anyone help me with that?

5 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@mhamzahashim I think that you are first person that I have met who wants the Whatsapp images to appear in the Gallery. 

Try this:

1. Open Whatsapp
  2. Click the 3 dots in upper right
  3. Click on Settings
  4. Click on Chats
  5. Under Chat settings, enable the option "Media visibility".
0 Likes
mhamzahashim
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Ahan interesting, why I should not show my WA images in gallery?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@mhamzahashim Just makes too much noise. When you post a image it is added to Gallery... even if you already had it in your gallery. 

0 Likes
titodedrz1128
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Sorry to hear that the latest WhatsApp update is causing issues with viewing images in your Gallery app and accessing the WhatsApp images folder on your Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. I'm here to help you troubleshoot:

1. **Check WhatsApp settings**: Open WhatsApp, go to Settings > Chats > Save to Gallery (or Media Visibility on Android 11 and later). Ensure this option is enabled, allowing WhatsApp media to appear in your Gallery.
2. **Gallery app settings**: Open the Gallery app, go to Settings > App settings > Show/hide folders > toggle on "WhatsApp Images" to make the folder visible.
3. **File Manager**: Use the Samsung File Manager (or a third-party app like Solid Explorer) to navigate to the WhatsApp folder. Check if the "WhatsApp Images" folder exists and contains recent images.
4. **Storage permissions**: Ensure WhatsApp has the necessary storage permissions. Go to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Permissions > Storage > toggle on "Allow all files access".
5. **Clear cache and data**: Try clearing the cache and data for both WhatsApp and the Gallery app. This might resolve any app-specific issues.
6. **WhatsApp update**: Make sure you're running the latest version of WhatsApp. Sometimes, updates can cause temporary issues.
7. **System update**: Ensure your Galaxy S21 Ultra is running the latest software update.
8. **Reset app preferences**: Go to Settings > Apps > Reset app preferences. This will reset all app preferences to their default values.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may want to consider reaching out to WhatsApp support or visiting a Samsung support center for further assistance. Keep me updated on your progress!
Dikshajain01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

If someone sent 10 images in WhatsApp, gallery shows only 6.. what to do then

0 Likes