JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Answer/Reject button with no function when receiving calls S23 Ultra?

(Topic created: 02-24-2024 07:56 AM)
Jinskull
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Screenshot_20240224_232608_Call.jpg

Screenshot_20240224_232602_Call.jpg

 Hi guys, why is my s23u when receiving an incoming calls, it got this "answer phone" & "reject call" button?

And it just show there, but don't have any function when you tab it

When other peoples call me via WhatsApp, this is blocking me to tab the answer button Lol

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
This is a Bixby feature called "Talk to Bixby without wake-up". This allows you to tell Bixby to answer phone calls, snooze alarms etc without touching the phone. You don't have to use Bixby's wake phrase to use this. It can be very handy if, for example, you have food or something all over your hands and don't want to get it on your phone.

The white bubbles are showing you the commands you can say. (You may have to yell if your alarm or ringtone is loud enough)

If you want to turn it off, go to Settings > Advanced features > Bixby > Talk to Bixby without wake-up.

I like this feature a lot, but it's been erratic on my phone ever since the update to Android 14/One UI 6. Sometimes the white bubbles that let me know that I can give commands never appear or time out so quickly that I can't use the commands.
1708793613586.jpg

View solution in context

7 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

<content deleted>

0 Likes
Jinskull
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Is there a way to check which app is linking and cause this issue?

0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
It's just Bixby voice giving an on screen prompt of what he can say to answer the phone hands free
Jinskull
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes you are right! Thanks!

Solution
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
This is a Bixby feature called "Talk to Bixby without wake-up". This allows you to tell Bixby to answer phone calls, snooze alarms etc without touching the phone. You don't have to use Bixby's wake phrase to use this. It can be very handy if, for example, you have food or something all over your hands and don't want to get it on your phone.

The white bubbles are showing you the commands you can say. (You may have to yell if your alarm or ringtone is loud enough)

If you want to turn it off, go to Settings > Advanced features > Bixby > Talk to Bixby without wake-up.

I like this feature a lot, but it's been erratic on my phone ever since the update to Android 14/One UI 6. Sometimes the white bubbles that let me know that I can give commands never appear or time out so quickly that I can't use the commands.
1708793613586.jpg
Jinskull
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes it is! Thank you so much!

Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
You're welcome. I'm glad I could help. 🙂