JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Camera changes on S23 Ultra

(Topic created: 09-26-2023 06:12 AM)
DiegoG89
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Out of no where when I change to 200MP everything is dark. It never use to be like that, anyone else noticed or is dealing with it? In the picture, the light is on inside the room and it still takes dark pictures

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Solution: Settings>Apps>Camera>Storage>Clear data. This will essentially reset the Camera app.

Alternative step: With the phone off, press + hold power and volume up buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Wipe cache partition, and then power to select and confirm. From the original menu, use volume to navigate to Repair apps, and then power again to select. This will reindex all your apps.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Solution: Settings>Apps>Camera>Storage>Clear data. This will essentially reset the Camera app.

Alternative step: With the phone off, press + hold power and volume up buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Wipe cache partition, and then power to select and confirm. From the original menu, use volume to navigate to Repair apps, and then power again to select. This will reindex all your apps.
DiegoG89
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yea, it did thanks alot
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
That is wonderful news! Which step ended up working? The first one? Make sure to mark this topic as solved (three dots, accept as solution) by my previous reply. This way, the information will remain active in the Community to benefit other individuals as well! 🙂
DiegoG89
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
2nd one actually
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Ah ok! I usually suggest the most benign steps first, then progressively more drastic things like resetting apps and factory resets (eventually) lol. Glad all is well again!
DiegoG89
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks again, now i can go back to taking some good pics
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Awesome! Don't forget to accept the solution and close this thread with the three dots beside my reply. I will edit my post to reflect what worked for you.
LionMichael
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Does the above clear data also delete the photos on the phone? How about the Alternative Step?
0 Likes