JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Facial recognition has issues with recognizing my face

(Topic created: 09-28-2023 07:59 AM)
Options
Galaxy S23

I have some issues with facial recognition on my Samsung Galaxy s23 ultra sometimes and very rarely I can use facial recognition but what I do it with day-to-day tasks it has issues recognizing my face a lot of times even in good sunlight even with my glasses on or off it does not recognize my face I don't know I think there's an issue with this face recognition software sometimes it works when it wants but other times it literally does not want to work at all I even tried to format it and reset settings on the phone and cleared the phone cache in the fastboot menu and nothing happened

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S23
Never mind everybody somehow the facial recognition is now working the way it's supposed to I don't understand why it wasn't working a while before but now it's working

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
ybarshavit
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Did you try to delete the face, and redo the facial recognition?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes I tried everything
0 Likes
ybarshavit
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Do you have the latest updated software?
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes not in the beta program either
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Try turning off your phone completely, then hold the side button and the up volume button (same time) it should be black then after releasing it, it should bring up a menu and you scroll down with the volume button to wipe cache portion, it clears things up, as well it's always good to do this method, after our updates when we get them, not many are aware of doing this to help, try that, and let me know, it helped mine, when my pics were not coming out right! Hope maybe this helps, sorry so blurry had to take pic with an older phone to get this from my s23 ultra!20230928_095015_1000088074_1695919827.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
I already said in the post that I wiped the cache and that didn't do anything I also said that I formatted the phone and that didn't do anything to the camera either face recognition is pretty bad on the s23 ultra it works sometimes but it doesn't work most of the time
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Mine hasn't had that issue maybe it's a defective device
Options
Galaxy S23
Dunno
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
I'll wait until the next update see if it'll fix the problem
0 Likes