Original topic:

HELP tried to follow other post and fix the microphone now its all messed up

(Topic created: a week ago)
44dwarf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Like every human on the planet I was not happy with the last update....adding 20 more games i didn't ask for and moving my microphone button to the stupidest spot available for me where i hit it trying to type or just try to "close all" .

Well i followed many of the post and even tried to install Gboard but could not get that to function and uninstalled it.

Now i get the Keyboard in the lower right corner, I have to tap the keyboard symbol then choose an input method. click google voice type to get the normal goggle blue mic to pop up but 90% of the time its not picking up what I say and when i try to follow other post it might work once or twice and then not again.

Boy I miss my old S3....

Can anyone tell me how to put the mic back in the lower left corner and get it to work again? Screen shots and stupid simple instructions please as I'm about to just say F it and go live under a rock.

4 Replies
Writersprite
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Every update they suggest games, yes, but you can unselect all and not install any of them each time. šŸ˜Š It is what I do each update.

As for the microphone in the lower left corner, that is where mine is and I use the Samsung Keyboard. Is that your default keyboard?
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23

What do you mean you couldn't get the G-Board to function?  Do you mean you couldn't replace the Samsung keyboard with it?  If that's it, then you have to go to settings/general management/keyboard list and default/default keyboard, and then select the Gboard as your default.  It should function as any other keyboard--except the mic is in the place you expect it to be.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23

I don't know why everyone seems to be getting games suggestions. With the several Samsung phones I've owned over the years, I've never gotten any of that nonsense.  With my current A54, I never got it/get it -- not from the start and not after any updates.  So, I don't know what setting you haven't turned off (or that I haven't turned on) that you are getting that stuff, but I'm just happy that that's one less complaint that I have.  

Maybe go into your Samsung account by tapping it in your phone settings and in the security and privacy section make sure you turn off the sliders for "Get special offers..., and "improve personalized ads..."  

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23

Samsung is not downloading games to your phone. If you have a carrier locked/branded phone, when the carrier tweaks the updates, it could include the game downloads (your consent is probably in the load of paperwork you sign on purchase).  I honestly don't know why the carriers would think everyone wants games on their phones but, apparently, they love to push unnecessary software (most likely an income stream for them from the developers).

If you don't want that to happen, future phone purchases should be factory unlocked.

0 Likes