JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to change the default alarm sound?

(Topic created: 06-21-2023 03:30 PM)
Options
Galaxy S23

I am upgrading from an S21 to my new S23. Everything is moved over except the default alarm sound.

My sound is the very basic and old Morning Flower that I have been using on many phones such as the S7, S10, S21 and hopefully the S23.

I first copied the file to the new phone, then in the clock app I removed all alarms and created a new alarm with Morning Flower. I though it worked and any new alarms kept morning flower and even setting a Google assistant alarm would also use Morning Flower.

However, when I finished the migration with Smart Switch, I was very upset that all my alarms were set to the default Homecoming and the assistant would also use homecoming, so I am back to square one.

Before I was able to use ES File Explorer to set as the default alarm as described here: https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/78335/how-to-change-the-default-alarm-sound however, it seems newer version don't have this feature. The oldest version I could find was 4.2.2.9 which still did not work.

So I am looking for a way to change the default alarm, such than new alarms, even with an assistant use it as well all my current alarms (about 100) would also have the desired tone without having to edit every one.

4 Replies
BL1PS3T
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Try a newer music edit app for the S23 version, then find that sound you want and it should work, old versions most likely never work with newer phones..
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you. I have tried several music apps, including Zedge, which is specifically mentioned in the thread I linked. They either do not have a set option or cannot link to the local files. It could be that if I buy and download a new song I could make it the alarm, but I want a local file and for that it does not work. I am still looking and will post if I find something.

0 Likes
JanD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
You're saying that old music won't play? 😁

Going into Clock App, I can add files from most anywhere into clock... except the original alarms. Can't find them to pick them.
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy S23

I finally figured it out. I found that the basic Samsung Music app did have a Set As option from any songs played from the main interface. But if I played the sound from the Alarms folder it only played as a compact window. Seems Samsung Music, and possibly most music apps only work with the device Music folder. So once I copied Morning Flower to the music folder I could see it.

In Set as you first need to select the starting point, From the beginning. I really like that you can pick a precise part here. Then chose what to set as including Alarm tone and it was done. A surprise is that it set all my alarms to Morning Flower automatically instead of me having to delete and re-import them.

I also searched on one of my older phones and found it had ES File Explorer 4.1.9.8, just a little older than what I found earlier, but it did have the Set Ringtone option. So searching for 4.1.9 I found a working apk that did install on the S23 and also has the Set option which works from any folder. So now I have two solutions for next time.