JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Poor Voice to text function

(Topic created: 08-05-2023 06:31 AM)
samrated
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Is there a reason why Samsung has poor voice to text? The punctuation is wrong. It doesn't space correctly and cannot understand my voice. 

I recently switched from apple so I'm accustom to having something that's incredible out of the box. I didn't expect Samsung to be as good, but it's outright pathetic.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, There. 

There is some troubleshooting you can try to perform if your voice-to-text is not working well. 

First, we recommend trying to clear the app data. To do this, go to Settings > Apps>Scroll down to find Samsung Voice input and tap on it. Go to Manage Storage>Clear app data Then restart your device.

If it’s still giving you trouble you can try resetting the settings. Go to Settings > Gen Management> Reset>Reset All settings>Confirm the reset.

Next, if you’re still facing issues with it, we recommend making sure your device is completely up-to-date with its software, and lastly, if the symptoms persist we ask that you please submit an error report to report any issues.

Steps for Submitting an error report:

1. Open the Menu

2. Press & Hold Samsung Members Icon, Then Tap Error Reports

3. Select the Category of Your Report

4. Make Sure That "Send System Log Data" is Selected to Help Resolve Your Questions Quickly and Describe Your Problem in Details (Make sure to include the hashtag #SCommunity)

5. Change the Frequency, and send.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
You'll find Android much more flexible "out of the box". Which I is good in many respects but can be slightly confusing when presented with more options. I prefer Google voice recognition over Samsungs.
Try changing by going to settings>general management>keyboard list and default and switch input to Google voice typing.
This provides much better results translating the spoken word into understandable text IMHO.
https://youtu.be/99IEQOhuIeY
samrated
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I've noticed all of the options, if you spend 10 hours.
Trying to customize it, you end up with something that resembles an outdated iphone. Also I left pour grammar and miss spellings in this tailless trade. How bad the boys to text is? LOL Samsung really sucks. I'm sorry that you feel like you have to be an apologist for them
samrated
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I love flexibility comma where do I find the option to turn off the bad grammar and punctuation app.
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, There. 

There is some troubleshooting you can try to perform if your voice-to-text is not working well. 

First, we recommend trying to clear the app data. To do this, go to Settings > Apps>Scroll down to find Samsung Voice input and tap on it. Go to Manage Storage>Clear app data Then restart your device.

If it’s still giving you trouble you can try resetting the settings. Go to Settings > Gen Management> Reset>Reset All settings>Confirm the reset.

Next, if you’re still facing issues with it, we recommend making sure your device is completely up-to-date with its software, and lastly, if the symptoms persist we ask that you please submit an error report to report any issues.

Steps for Submitting an error report:

1. Open the Menu

2. Press & Hold Samsung Members Icon, Then Tap Error Reports

3. Select the Category of Your Report

4. Make Sure That "Send System Log Data" is Selected to Help Resolve Your Questions Quickly and Describe Your Problem in Details (Make sure to include the hashtag #SCommunity)

5. Change the Frequency, and send.

0 Likes