JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Ultra: Sending Longer videos in Messages?

(Topic created: 08-15-2023 06:55 PM)
pocohantas64
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Is there a way to send videos longer than 30 seconds?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello! This is solely a carrier limitation, and there is no way to increase the size of the video file you can attach to MMS messages. To get a longer recording, you would likely need to reduce the resolution of the video to a point where a longer one should be able to theoretically fit in the same space. Enabling High efficiency videos in your camera settings might be what you're looking for.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Grayo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello! What platform are you trying to send videos on?

pocohantas64
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Im trying to send as text messagese
Grayo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

I think your best bet is to upload it to your google drive (or another version of cloud storage) and share the link to the recipient.

Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello! This is solely a carrier limitation, and there is no way to increase the size of the video file you can attach to MMS messages. To get a longer recording, you would likely need to reduce the resolution of the video to a point where a longer one should be able to theoretically fit in the same space. Enabling High efficiency videos in your camera settings might be what you're looking for.

pocohantas64
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks everyone. I guess im just not understanding why i have never had this issue before only since i switched from google pixel to samsung galaxy ultra23