JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pop up password prompt when password is needed instead of fingerprint on lock/AO screen

(Topic created: 06-02-2023 10:05 AM)
hacksoncode
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

It's *very* irritating when I try my fingerprint multiple times and it is not obvious that it doesn't work because Android is insisting on a password every 72 hours. 

Because there's no indication visible, I'll try several times, getting increasingly frustrated until I *eventually* realize what is going on... even then I often forget *how* to bring up the password prompt. 

Please!!!!!!! Have the password prompt automatically appear when a fingerprint login is attempted but is never going to work because a password is required... like every other phone I've ever had.

If that's too hard, at least *visibly indicate* it somehow. E.g. Pixel phones replace the fingerprint icon with a lock icon on the lock/AO screen when this is the case. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
How can you bring up the password prompt? I am not a fan of the biometrics on 23+.
0 Likes
hacksoncode
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
If it's needed, you can bring up the prompt by swiping from the bottom of the screen... There might be other ways.

The super annoying part is that there's no indication you need to do this, hence the suggestion that they just pop it up automatically.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.