Original topic:

Port Issue.

(Topic created: 08-15-2024 03:42 PM)
Sakib14
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
My S23 plus not even a year old . The charging port is giving me serious pain. 

Whenever I put it on charge it comes out. It's like phone's five years old already. 

Anyone have any suggestions?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, 

I understand your concerns with your device not charging properly and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with you. I know that you stated that you have already tried cleaning the port and a new cable but there are a few more steps we can try to resolve the issue:

Verify that the device, charger, and USB cable have no physical damage

Check the USB connections for corrosion and bent pins

Inspect the device, charger, and USB cable for dust or other foreign materials

Check for liquid damage. The indicator is found inside the SIM or SD slot, and will appear pink or red if it has been exposed to liquid

The USB cable should be secured firmly in the charging port with very little mobility. If your device detects a poor USB connection, an error will be displayed

Remember to NOT use any other device's charger or third-party chargers because they can hinder charging and cause battery issues. The Samsung factory charger is required to properly charge the tablet.

If your device does not charge after performing the previous troubleshooting steps, please visit a Samsung walk-in service center or you can schedule a repair service online.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
I use a wireless fast charger. But Maybe try a new cable
Sakib14
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I did. Also cleaned the port but still
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, 

I understand your concerns with your device not charging properly and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with you. I know that you stated that you have already tried cleaning the port and a new cable but there are a few more steps we can try to resolve the issue:

Verify that the device, charger, and USB cable have no physical damage

Check the USB connections for corrosion and bent pins

Inspect the device, charger, and USB cable for dust or other foreign materials

Check for liquid damage. The indicator is found inside the SIM or SD slot, and will appear pink or red if it has been exposed to liquid

The USB cable should be secured firmly in the charging port with very little mobility. If your device detects a poor USB connection, an error will be displayed

Remember to NOT use any other device's charger or third-party chargers because they can hinder charging and cause battery issues. The Samsung factory charger is required to properly charge the tablet.

If your device does not charge after performing the previous troubleshooting steps, please visit a Samsung walk-in service center or you can schedule a repair service online.