JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Ultra stuck in safemode bootloop after OneUI 6.0 (stable release)

(Topic created: 11-03-2023 05:22 AM)
rros1910
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi everybody,

Today I got the latest OneUI 6.0 update (stable version, non-beta on my S23 Ultra (SM-S918B/DS).

After installing it, my S23 Ultra restarted and instead of booting system, started rebooting itself around 6-7 times. After letting it reboot itself a few times, a message came up in boot manager with red color, saying  that "the system did not start properly, some files may be corrupted, etc...."

I've managed  to get into the safe mode to get my stuff backup'ed (which I'm still in the process of) and I wanted to first wipe the cache/partition.

In case it won't help, I'm gonna do the factory reset and try to update the stock firmware to the OneUI 6.0.

Shall this fail to get my phone up & running, is there a way to update the firmware to 6.0 manualy? Odin? If so, where do I get the firmware to flash it on my S23 Ultra?

Somebody else is facing this issue or am I the only one?

To clarify - I didn't touch my S23 while it was updating and it was laying on the Samsung wireless pad charger through the process.

Thanks 4 help in advance,

R.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
As this is the US Samsung Community, we offer extremely limited knowledge and expertise of devices and services in other countries. Kindly follow the link below and reach out to the Samsung Community for your region.

https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite/

View solution in context

8 Replies
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Your update got corrupted. Either use smart switch or download with frija and manually update with odin3. And FYI, dont update your device using the wireless pad. The magnetism can affect signals and possibly currupt data transfer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S23
Sounds likely that's what has happened. I agree with @MarvinMod2
EvilMadness
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
The stable version of u.i. 6.0 is not out in the U.S. only u.i. 6.0 Beta 9. Obviously you didn't get the stable version 🙄...
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
They dont have a U.S. device, re-read. They have a Europe device (SM-S918B) and OneUI6 stable (non beta) has in fact rolled out for them. So obviously they did get the stable version.
Unimatrix_1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Its still BETA until released for South Korea and the United States. Samsung and this BETA Administrators need to get their acts together.
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
As this is the US Samsung Community, we offer extremely limited knowledge and expertise of devices and services in other countries. Kindly follow the link below and reach out to the Samsung Community for your region.

https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite/
Unimatrix_1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Back up and factory reset.
0 Likes
rros1910
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Did it before posting this, without any results. 

0 Likes