JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Anyone else noticed that the edge lighting no longer works on s24 ultra.

(Topic created: 01-29-2024 07:44 AM)
uservLX204cmOG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey, my wife has the same phone as me, the S23 Plus, and the edge lighting feature isn't working for her either. I even installed the Good Lock app and turned on the edge lighting option, but it still doesn't work. I think it might be a problem with the One UI 6 operating system.

Do you know of any fixes or workarounds for this issue?
JUMP TO SOLUTION
uservLX204cmOG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
We actually found out what it was! :party_popper: We just had to turn on "pop up allowed" on all the apps we needed notifications from. That fixed the edge lighting issue! 🙌 #ProblemSolved #TechFix
0 Likes
rickyarpea007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I am experiencing difficulties in activating the yellow edge lighting notification feature on my Samsung S24 Ultra. Despite enabling the notification settings and creating a specific Bixby routine, the yellow light does not appear when I receive notifications. I kindly request your assistance in identifying any potential oversights or additional steps required to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
Members_DJE1z96
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

its been gone since android 14 ui 6.0 on my s 23 ultra samsung really messed things up, this is what I expect out of apple iPhones haaa the 24 ultra too??? go figure..

0 Likes
Solution
uservLX204cmOG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
For me, it was a user error. I eventually went in and made the changes.

Notification
Notification type
Pop-up allowed

These add to be turned on even after edge lighting was turned on.
0 Likes
Zen_Shot
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

If you have changed the "animation scale" under developer options or used the visibility enhancements on your phone under accessibility options to turn animations off, then the "edge lighting style" option will be greyed out and not usable.

Solution: Check the visibility enhancements under the accessibility options menu on your phone and make sure that animations are not disabled. Or, if you changed the animation scale settings under the developers options menu, change all of the animation scale settings back to default (1.0)

This will make the "edge lighting style" option usable again.

Members_IfwN8ov
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks! That fixed it for me

0 Likes
userAoNDhTaM9c
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

mines not working either. it works in settings but not when i get notifications.

hiress
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine was working fine. Maybe playing with all these customizable apps affected it. My settings are correct.
0 Likes
Members_i42Y7Ww
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I don't even see it in my settings anymore and when I search edge lighting it doesn't show 😭

clb252
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I FINALLY found it! I had mine set to detailed, not brief. As soon as I clicked brief, it showed up! 🙌🏻 🙌🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻1709499406771.jpg1709499406776.jpg
0 Likes