Original topic:

Autocorrect Spelling

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
user69lfhzNZdj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't know why autocorrect option does this. I was trying to spell "dragonfruit" And it autocorrects to "dragonflies". When I click on "dragonflies" and see the option for "dragonfuit" then click on it, it doesn't delete the old word fully and just adds the new option word. I've tried in the past to change where the caret is positioned but doesn't seem to change how much of the word it corrects. 
2 Replies
Vernon93
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I am I am currently using the Samsung keyboard. Whenever autocorrect changes a word to one I do not want to use, I go to the suggestions across the top of the keyboard. The first one is usually your original word. The middle one is usually the word they changed it to. The last word can be another tense (i.e., past tense) of the middle word. If you just press your word, it will usually change it back to your word.. I've used other keyboards that had a checkmark :white_heavy_check_mark:ļø and the word they changed it to. Then, you could press the check mark :white_heavy_check_mark:ļø to keep your word. I know all keyboards use different dictionaries and other sources. So if this doesn't work for your keyboard, you may want to find out what source your keyboard uses and contact them. My keyboard uses Grammarly. Hope this helps.šŸ˜Š
user69lfhzNZdj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
This is what it looks like when I try to change it back1714849475041.jpg
0 Likes