Original topic:

Chinese Keyboard Word Prediction Problem

(Topic created: 03-28-2024 03:18 AM)
white_junWJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I was an Samsung user at first, then switched to iPhone for quite some years now because I feel like their keyboard is better.

Now I switched back to Samsung because I belive there must be improvements done over the past 10 years or so, especially because the AI technology is so hyped up and being used widely in different area.

But the fact is that Chinese language prediction on Samusng is still a mess, it generates irrelevant phrases that doesn't even make sense when I input initials instead of typing the whole phrase out, most of the time.

For example: if I'm trying to type "ęˆ‘ę­£åœØ回家" meaning "I'm on my way back home", I'll type "WZJHJ", each letter corresponds to each word forming the phrase. But it will give the phrase "ꈑåœØ家回家", which literally means "I'm home coming back home" and doesn't make any sense at all. I've never had such problem with iPhone, Mac, or Windows, only Samsung phones. Please get this improved!
2 Replies
ImpossibleBox
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you tried google's gboard? Also has multiple language support switching though sadly not as customizable as samsung's with good lock + keys cafe (use Finelock if region locked). Gboard has a nice hold and swipe backspace to control delete a lot of text
0 Likes
white_junWJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'll still use samsung's keyboard cause they have my password saved
0 Likes